Note to New Members ×

Whistler Expression Session 2008, mini WES

BlueB

On Sunday 20th of April,

Entire Cypress and Grouse crews are joining the visitor from Toronto, Skategoat, at Whistler/Blackomb.

Everyone is welcome to join.

Boris

Update:

9:00am

Whistler Mountain

Light board by the Round House

For the late commers, warm up runs will be around the Emmerald chair.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Come on now, don't get too flattered ;) Our sesons is ending at the 13th, on the local mountains. We've used you as an excuse to extend for one weekend at least :D

Glad to be of some use. This will be the latest I've ever been on the slopes. Let's hope the snow holds up.

Yap finally, after too many hours teaching, less riding, I can now finally head off to Whistler. You see whenever I mention Whistler, the wife tags along always and that son of gun too. At 16 he doesn't want to come along with me except when going to Whistler. So I have to book an overniter to pamper them with a little night life before riding the next day. We will be at First Track Lodge by the Creekside on the 19th. If anyone is there that night feel free to call me and will have some beers.

ruwi@604.351.3526

I am in whistler right now (about to eat lunch)

Bumped into my old neighbor and a hardbooter , he owns a bed n breakfast and can get deal from him.

PM me if anyone wants the details,....put something with hardboot in title or ya get spam filed.

He will be coming up on the 20th also, Chris P also might join the herd with a hangover.

Dave*

Cypress main parking will be buzy like hell:argue::boxing_sm:AR15firin:smashfrea:flamethro:freak3::eplus2: with the Race event.

Dave* r we going to c u riding on Cypress Sunday morning? I might take the 3800 for around the slush if condition permit.

Crucible, Tenorman what abt u guys:confused:? BlueB & Ruwi confirm:biggthump

cheers

Roy

I am in whistler right now (about to eat lunch)

Bumped into my old neighbor and a hardbooter , he owns a bed n breakfast and can get deal from him.

PM me if anyone wants the details,....put something with hardboot in title or ya get spam filed.

He will be coming up on the 20th also, Chris P also might join the herd with a hangover.

Dave*

Chris P as in Chris Prior? Would be cool to ride with him again. Rode with him a few years ago and he rips. He doesn't seem like the hangover type though.

Yes, riding tomorrow @Cypress. Went to Grouse and spent only 2.5 hrs in the hill. It was snowing all the time but the visibility so bad, its a pity the runs were in good carving conditions, I just can't do it, scared that I might slice someone, or they hitting me from behind. Riding the chair and I couldn't see the next chair in front due to heavy fog. Bailed out by 1315 Hrs. On the way down halfway while on the tram, it was sunny and clear all the way to Langey. I can see the northshore still covered with fog possibly snowing still. Sunday will not be a great day too. See you anyway. I will bring Doug's WCR and the 3800 as back up.

ruwi

Wow guys, I feel so honoured. Looking forward to meeting everyone.
So you're also heading in from Toronto eh? I'm heading over to Whistler this Saturday but leaving the 20th; maybe I'll be able to catch up with you guys before heading to the airport?

So you're also heading in from Toronto eh? I'm heading over to Whistler this Saturday but leaving the 20th; maybe I'll be able to catch up with you guys before heading to the airport?

I could ride with you on Thursday. Let me know if you're interested in taking some runs together.

Cypress Crew: What board should I bring - 174 Prior 4WD or 175 Coiler Freecarve? I prefer riding the Coiler but I'm worried about soft conditions.

S.Goat

Ultimate option bring both boards,

Limited to space/weight when coming from "onterrible" I agree with Boris, bring the 4x4, I own two of the 179s and there is nothing on whistler I wont take them on ( short of a huge cliff drop-Dave* is scared of the heights), The 4x4 should handle everything from ice to slush to a bit of the wet fluff.

I am guessing the Coiler freecarve is a bit skinnier/stiffer not as versatile.

Based on past experience for the tail end of April my prediction will be below zero C in AM with hardpack softening as the day progresses to spring schmoo, if there is fresh snow it will be the traditional "west coast cement"

( there I have made a prediction, watch ULLR do the opposite now)

In the event you need something more powder orientated or carve specific to match conditions

-Prior down at Function Junction does the demo thing

-Johan the underground tuner guy does Dupraz ( I plan on trying one out very soon)

-Fanatyko had a couple Prior WCR demoes ( for sale now $200 , 167cm n 175cm) , I think they are soon to no longer do this.

-lots of rental shops for standard roundtail jibber decks

-tail end of WSSF so should be demo tents at top of whistler, the only carve stuff would be Chris P's , assuming he is setting tent up that late in the WSSF

-there has been a permanent demo tent for Rossi/Salomon at the top of whistler all season ( again jibber style stuff)

my two centavos

Dave*

S.Goat

Here is the Dupraz guy contacts

Yohann Sheetz ( works out of Underground Tuning under Listel Hotel , parkade level) 604 905 9892 is the phone. Nice guy I BSed with him for about 20 minutes last saturday.

I am hoping to take one of his D1 6.0 ++ out next week, I will let every one know how that goes.

If packing boots only bring your bindings too, finding spare plates can be a bit tricky out here.

Dave*

S.Goat

Here is the Dupraz guy contacts

Yohann Sheetz ( works out of Underground Tuning under Listel Hotel , parkade level) 604 905 9892 is the phone. Nice guy I BSed with him for about 20 minutes last saturday.

I am hoping to take one of his D1 6.0 ++ out next week, I will let every one know how that goes.

If packing boots only bring your bindings too, finding spare plates can be a bit tricky out here.

Dave*

hi SKATEGOAT

i agree with Dave*. the latest weather report seems to be forecasting winter style snow so with a bit of luck we may get hero groomed snow on a clear sunny day. in other words raceboard conditions. ruwi is returning my 19.5 cm waisted prior wcr 175 to me up at whistler so you are welcome to use it after you are finished demoing the dupraz.

see you on the 20th.

doug

Sunday, 20th of April, 9:00am

Whistler Mountain

Light board by the Round House

For the late commers, warm up runs will be around the Emmerald chair.

hi BLUEB

the forecast is now calling for clear and cold so it will probably be hero winter style groomed snow. are you and Dave* going to bring your big guns? if so then i'll bring up my 185 wcr and we can hit up the orange chair for some big fast turns.

i'm okay with the roundhouse but if chris prior shows up i think his favorite run is ridgerunner on blackcomb--just thought i'd let you know if you guys intend to stay on one mountain the entire day.

i may be a little tired as i got tagged by graffiti in east vancouver and have to paint it out on saturday morning to avoid being fined by the city. also i have tickets to apocalyptia on saturday night so i might be a little hung over so i intend to show up earlier for a solo warmup run or 2 to sweat out the booze. if i am not at the lightboard at 9am sharp, please wait a few minutes as that would mean that i was delayed on the emerald chair (probably warming up on the nearby jolly green giant run.)

Yup, they are calling for the snow on Fri and even more on Sat, cooling further. Possibly sunny on Sun. Than also can mean good snow for half day only... I'll bring something AMish too for the afternoon, besides the carving board.

Virus is more likely to be the carving ride, makes me less tire then big Prior. Ah well if the conditions report was really good, the big WCR still might make the trip.

CP is supposed to have a demo day, which means Whistler side for him...

We are all likely to warm up on the Green Giant, giving the chance to late commers to find us.

Just about to leave for the airport. The weather forecast is looking perfect. I'm bringing only boots and bindings. First time I've ever left the boards behind. I have demos set up with Underground Tuning and FanatykCo. See you guys there.

If anyone is around before Sunday, call me and we'll have some beers. I gave Boris my cell number.

Just about to leave for the airport. The weather forecast is looking perfect. I'm bringing only boots and bindings. First time I've ever left the boards behind. I have demos set up with Underground Tuning and FanatykCo. See you guys there

If you want to ride something that you couldn't rent at a shop, I can bring a rossi 190 WCR for you to ride if you want. I'm driving up Sunday morning, so it would just be on Sunday.

later,

Dave R.