Note to New Members ×

coiler vs virus

jlips

thanks guys for all the feedback and to andrea for making the peace...

bola i must say thats quite the wall you have there...the vampire is truly a work of art!

im looking for a snappy, damp board that will handle a variety of eastern canadian terrain, namely groom, ice, and a bit of chunky afternoon mash. should be stable at mid/high speeds but still edgy and playful on busy/slow days. basically looking for the ultimate all-rounder.

the schtubby sounds like a winner. ive looked around other threads and people rave about its versatility. the virus seem a bit more 'focused' with some narrow waists and serious high-speed stability. and they're bloody beautiful.

tough choice ... hopefully i'll get to try both sometime in the future, perhaps bola's sweet sweet vampire now that we're pals and all :-)

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have never been to an SES - unlesss we met in the early 90's racing in California, it would have had to have been in Vermont...Stratton probably.

Anyway - Not going to make SES next year, but I'll be in Crested Butte christmas week - if you're around we'll make turns (or not :eplus2:)

No, early 90's I was still mostly riding Austria and Switzerland... moved permanently to the US in '95.

Crested Butte, I was told to go there, maybe one day when I need a break from Aspen... never been to Stratton either, geez, still so much to explore.

Anyway, would be fun to make some turns together...

Cheers!

im looking for a snappy, damp board that will handle a variety of eastern canadian terrain, namely groom, ice, and a bit of chunky afternoon mash. should be stable at mid/high speeds but still edgy and playful on busy/slow days. basically looking for the ultimate all-rounder.

the schtubby sounds like a winner. ive looked around other threads and people rave about its versatility. the virus seem a bit more 'focused' with some narrow waists and serious high-speed stability. and they're bloody beautiful.

tough choice ... hopefully i'll get to try both sometime in the future, perhaps bola's sweet sweet vampire now that we're pals and all :-)

The Schtubby doesn't sound as a winner, actually it is :barf:. Just buy yourself a Schtubby X2. Don't testride it, because you're gonna regret you haven't one of your own :sleep:.Be fast because orders are full with Bruce V. for the next season already (ordered a second one for myself already :lurk:).

thanks for all the great feedback guys...gonna go with a schtubby! hopefully in the future ill get a chance to ride a virus...wish i could grab one of each but the money tree needs another season to sprout more green :-)

I like mine, Bruce makes a fine product!