Note to New Members ×

for all of you that use the classifieds here

bobdea

you ought to think about scrutiny when you post in a open forum

If something does not look right, even if you believe you have a good reason to demand a certain price you have to expect scrutiny. This is a small community, if you don't want people ask questions put it on ebay.

It goes the other way too, like we saw with the thread about Michelle's board.

The thing is, you HAVE to expect scrutiny whenever you sell something. To not expect it on a small forum that caters to a small market is sort of irrational.

Part of me posting this is I wanted to make my self clear about this from exchanges in other threads and that I actually do feel it might be useful if people think more prior to posting as what to expect when you post in a open forum.

People will question you if something does not look right. with that in mind, think about what you post and why someone would question the perceived value.

Or when other issues come into play, if you can't handle the heat you really have no business selling things anywhere, in particular in a open forum.

On the other side it sucks to have people rag on your listing and people can go too far, this is also a problem.

The opinions of the authors expressed herein do not necessarily state or reflect those of BomberOnline.com.

:D

you ought to think about scrutiny when you post in a open forum

If something does not look right, even if you believe you have a good reason to demand a certain price you have to expect scrutiny. This is a small community, if you don't want people ask questions put it on ebay.

It goes the other way too, like we saw with the thread about Michelle's board.

The thing is, you HAVE to expect scrutiny whenever you sell something. To not expect it on a small forum that caters to a small market is sort of irrational.

Part of me posting this is I wanted to make my self clear about this from exchanges in other threads and that I actually do feel it might be useful if people think more prior to posting as what to expect when you post in a open forum.

People will question you if something does not look right. with that in mind, think about what you post and why someone would question the perceived value.

Or when other issues come into play, if you can't handle the heat you really have no business selling things anywhere, in particular in a open forum.

On the other side it sucks to have people rag on your listing and people can go too far, this is also a problem.

The opinions of the authors expressed herein do not necessarily state or reflect those of BomberOnline.com.

:D

yes, that is true, I am not saying this is official of the guidelines of the the forums. Just that common sense applies, you're under the microscope when you post things for sale on here or anywhere else.

Clint says be careful accusing anyone without proof.

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nnOWn6r9ceM&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nnOWn6r9ceM&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

Al, not really what I am talking about, that thread is secondary and only a little of the background for the over all point but on that note.

I accused no one, I did however say I suspected a scam.

on another thread I asked what made a board from the late 90s or early 00's worth more than it's suggested retail price.

the second one was closer to what prompted this post and my point was that this forum is open. to not expect speculation and get honest to god questions is kinda crazy.

But even that guy is just the latest case of someone posting in the classifieds and having a **** fit when someone asks why something is priced highly or get pissed when some asks why the bindings are drilled regular on a goofy asym, people can't imagine that that people would see it and call it.

careful...I got crucified for the same kind of statement last year...

you want to know how classifieds should run? check here

You know you can't bring that weak a$$ shizzle up in this humpy bumpy:nono:

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=17jplpjCaec&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=17jplpjCaec&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

post-123-141842254397_thumb.jpg

Al, not really what I am talking about, that thread is secondary and only a little of the background for the over all point but on that note.

I accused no one, I did however say I suspected a scam.

Your post from the Stolen Board Thread made me think of the Clint Video--

Here it is --

"IMHO, knowing people who run scams and how they list on ebay I'd say that board is hot.

Also, the guy has skit feedback on ebay, probably ran some ebay scams in the past too.

go get him!"

The "Go Get Him" reminded me of Ed Begley saying " Hang Em!"

Have a good day bob--:biggthump