Note to New Members ×

Lots (35+) of small carving boardings in Ottawa

loopback

Apologies in advance if this is on the wrong board or stepping on toes. This could be a great deal for a small club/school looking for a bunch of gear or a new carver. An Ottawa used/new sporting goods retailer has the list below of equipment (that's whats left after I've taken 2 buddies in the last two days).

I took this down on my Blackberry and have no more details and may be wrong here and there. I do not work there and have no profit motive (I find their new gear a little expensive). I will PM anyone where this is or edit it in if I receive the ok

All boards are $50 each (NOS as far as I could tell, I didn't flip through them all)

the bases are dry and they have surface rust on the edges

the list is formatted name/length/#of boards

Airwalk Force 167 /9+<O:p</O:p

Airwalk Force 157 /1

Oxygen Apex 147/152/153/157 /10+ mix and matched szs at least two of each

<O:pOxygen Proton 156 /1only

Scott Striker 152 /15+

Wild Duck Crusher 164 Goofy Asym (Jacques Rilliet model)USED

Surf Politix Comet 157 /2

3 prs of new Oxygen plate bindings $50

Oxygen hardboots 25.5 $140

Raichle 223 24.5 $40 USED

Loopback

Was this Mountain Masters in Manotick? I know he carried or did carry hardbooter gear but I always found the owner to be quite unfriendly and never bought anything from him. That was a few years ago when he was on Bank St. What did you and your buddies score?

Apologies in advance if this is on the wrong board or stepping on toes. This could be a great deal for a small club/school looking for a bunch of gear or a new carver. An Ottawa used/new sporting goods retailer has the list below of equipment (that's whats left after I've taken 2 buddies in the last two days).

I took this down on my Blackberry and have no more details and may be wrong here and there. I do not work there and have no profit motive (I find their new gear a little expensive). I will PM anyone where this is or edit it in if I receive the ok

All boards are $50 each (NOS as far as I could tell, I didn't flip through them all)

the bases are dry and they have surface rust on the edges

the list is formatted name/length/#of boards

Airwalk Force 167 /9+<O:p</O:p

Airwalk Force 157 /1

Oxygen Apex 147/152/153/157 /10+ mix and matched szs at least two of each

<O:pOxygen Proton 156 /1only

Scott Striker 152 /15+

Wild Duck Crusher 164 Goofy Asym (Jacques Rilliet model)USED

Surf Politix Comet 157 /2

3 prs of new Oxygen plate bindings $50

Oxygen hardboots 25.5 $140

Raichle 223 24.5 $40 USED

Loopback

Actually it was Kunstadt sports (Kanata Location). They found them in a storage trailer in the back, apparently they have been sitting there 4+ yrs. I only buy used gear there, I like the service and staff but new gear prices are pretty high.

I took two buddies, one a softbooter with 10 yrs on snow; he bought a Surf Politix Comet @ 167. He's riding it with his soft boots at about 45/40 and absolutely loving it. I see plates in the near future for him!!

The other has ridden 3 times on softies but wants to try the plates. He bought a SP Comet @ 157 and a pr of the Oxygen bindings. He got a pair of Stratos boots on BOL and is ready to roll this weekend.

The Proton would have been a good fit for him but I thought the Comet would be a bit more forgiving to learn on. (@$50 bucks for a new deck, I can afford to be wrong).

The Proton if it's still there, will be going to my son this weekend and I may grab a 147 Oxygen Apex as well for my 7 yr old.

The Wild Duck was the one that piqued my interest.......almost to the point of buying it and riding goofy.

Unfortunately @ 225lbs,6ft tall and pretty aggressive I didn't really see anything I thought would be suitable for me ( I am picking up a used Nidecker Custom 183 this week though!!).:)

• 8 months later...

Last time I was there (less than a week ago) they had a bunch still left. Only one over 160 (AW Force167) though so I didn't look that hard. All @ 50$ , a few O2 Apex and a pile of Scott Strikers. Plus a bunch of singles; Burton Fusion, Surf Politix a few I'd never heard of as well.

Where do you ride? I have full SP @ Pakenham and Night SP @ Fortune. We're planning to ride every Wed night at Fortune...

//Paul

Last time I was there (less than a week ago) they had a bunch still left. Only one over 160 (AW Force167) though so I didn't look that hard. All @ 50$ , a few O2 Apex and a pile of Scott Strikers. Plus a bunch of singles; Burton Fusion, Surf Politix a few I'd never heard of as well.

Where do you ride? I have full SP @ Pakenham and Night SP @ Fortune. We're planning to ride every Wed night at Fortune...

//Paul

Short board is fine, it's for my sister, I'm looking for bindings as well.

Aww man, I've got a night pass at Edelweiss and I'm getting a weekdays + nights pass at Cascades. I'm planning to get out a few times with Mack in the new year on weekends, he's discovered Calabogie and loving it.

they have some O2 bindings as well, only small or junior left though, might fit you sister,

Calabogie is pretty sweet, The quads are so damn slow though. I try and go at least 3 or 4 times a year , weekdays only. They have good deals weekdays too ( 2 for 1, $20, $10 with SP from another hill)

Post here if you're going during the week after December, I don't need much of an excuse to use a days vacation..

Cheers

//Paul

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Stephane,

One friend is using his as a soft boot carver, the other "philpjo" (http://www.bomberonline.com/vbulletin/member.php?u=7026) used the Comet as his first carving board and has since added a Burton FP to the quiver. He found the Comet a lot softer and more forgiving than the FP but not much to compare it to really.

I have a Prior 4WD @ 174 and will ask Phil to let me use the Comet this week for a few runs (he's developed a taste for my 183 Nidecker so it will an easy trade:biggthump). I'll let you know how they compare.

I'm pretty sure the store that spawned this thread still has (1) SP Comet available for $50 (new).

Cheers

//Paul

Surf Q, as Loopback mentioned I'm now on a Burton FP 157. Not sure I can provide a vaild comparisson to the Comet. I rode the Comet 4 times at the end of last year which was my first time on a carving board and only my second time boarding. Add to that one of the times was at Mont Tremblant on "death cookies". Plus the bindings on the comet were softer than the TD 2's i now have. I'm going to put the TD 2's on the Comet tonight and head out tomorrow night to try it.

WIll keep you posted

Thanks for the info.

I'll probably buy the the 164 comet tonight, the store is selling it around 100$ but I think I can have it for a bit less.

We'll have 15-20 cm of snow by wednesday night :biggthump

I 'll use it with TD2 bindings and my head stratos pro with bts on 2-4 inch snow and on afternoons when conditions are getting bad.

I currently use a Sims Burner 162 and a Nidecker GS 164.

The Store is also selling an unused O'Sin Sinner 167 but it has a square tail and is stiffer than the Comet.