Note to New Members ×

HEAD insoles?? replacements?

DiveBomber

Does anyone know if you can get stock replacements? or suggest comprable alternatives? They worked just fine for me but they are now falling apart.

I looked into the superfeet, but they didnt seem particularly special. Also the outside of the heel seemed quite squarish compared to the stock insoles.

I just put in some spenco sports ones (green top/yellow heels) and they seem too thick, especially in the heels.

BTW im wearing 29.5s

insoles, will run you between $75 and 150 but worth every penny and will last a decade if you take care of them.

some of the cheapest and most durable are "mad cow customs"

a bunch of shops carry them.

Well the stock ones were just fine, the seemed to have a little support and the obviously matched the liners. But I'll look into those.

the stock footbeds are ghetto, better than the other brands but still not so hot.

if you walk into a ski shop they usually have boxes of ski boot footbeds that get taken out of the boots that people put custom footbeds in.

I don't know the HEAD ones. But it's just what Bob said. Get yourself some decent insoles. They are formed to your feet. I have two: one pair custommade with cork under it, and one from a good skishop. They heat them, lay them on a formed machine, and you have to get standing on them with giving some pressure, after 10 minutes time your are done. The form will always stay because they are made of a sort of hard plastic. They have them in all sorts and thicknesses and brands. I paid about EUR 70.00

Why custommade insoles: better for your health (feet and back) because you are forced to stand in a healthy neutral position, better control, no pain in your feet because the arc stays in your feet because of the support of your insoles no matter how tight you set your boots. Custommade insoles last longer than those standard flat ones, so in a way they are cheaper and better. It works for me........:biggthump

must you post a useless reply? How does this help?

if you dont have anything helpful to say....

There are many useful threads on this subject I post on the topic of orthotics and insoles quite regularly. Bordy was just hammering the point home. Ignorance is Bliss. cough up for some decent insoles and you will understand the depth of his post.:biggthump

Another benefit of custom insoles is that you get a more neutral position so that you don't hang in your boots, so no more useless pressure on your shins and no more useless pressure on your forefoot. Your bodyweight will be more in the centre/middle of your boots. Therefore also in the middle of your stance, gives a better board/edge control.

There are many useful threads on this subject I post on the topic of orthotics and insoles quite regularly. Bordy was just hammering the point home. Ignorance is Bliss. cough up for some decent insoles and you will understand the depth of his post.:biggthump

agreed, I don't want to put words in Bordy's mouth but he was probably a bit annoyed that you did not research it a little and that orthotics are generally the one thing everyone should have in their boots. Even starting to see shops push them for softboots.

I got some of these. Heat moldable, custom fit, cheap!

http://www2.yoursole.com/products/footbeds/

I`m in the same boot as you and for me these are a dream come true.... I can`t imagine getting a better fit no matter how much money I threw at it.

I have them in my softboots and my work boots now to.

Im going to try these. Which ones did you use?

I actually bought mine two years ago and there looks like there has been many changes to their lineup.

I bought the thickest ones first and they caused a bit of pain on the top of my foot because of "over volume".

The next time round I ordered a 3 pack of all different styles and found the middle thickness ones were perfect in the Head boots volume wise. I think they are called the "SOLE Regular Softec"

The high volume ones went into my packed out softboots and made them better than new. The other two pairs went into "normal" boots.

Have a look at the clearance section...... the ones that are now 15 bucks are the ones I have.

must you post a useless reply? How does this help?

if you dont have anything helpful to say....

What it says is you don't listen to advise anyway....

Yea dude.... making it happen with stock insoles when every one tells you to go see a bootfitter??????

PS your avtar still sucks.

O-yea and this topic has been beat to death. You just have no idea how to do a search.

DB:

Take the time to go see Larry. You have within an hour probably the best resources, as far as alpine snowboarding and boot fitting is concerned, and you keep asking for advice on the web. Why?:smashfrea

Me thinks a heat moldable footbed in heat moldable liner is a very, very bad idea but what do I know.

Bola

http://www.allboardssports.com

1-303-415-1600

I've already been to Larry, when I got the boots, everything was fine.

Why? I wont be molding the liner.

What it says is you don't listen to advise anyway....

Yea dude.... making it happen with stock insoles when every one tells you to go see a bootfitter??????

PS your avtar still sucks.

O-yea and this topic has been beat to death. You just have no idea how to do a search.

then why why are you wasting your time replying?, Ive already been to a boot fitter.

While im flattered you may think I value your opinion about my avatar, let me assure you, I don't. Besides you're out numbered by about 1000:1.

Feel free to not respond ever to any of my threads,

thanks!:biggthump

what boot fitter kept you on the standard insoles?

are your feet prosthetic?

1164530287_8293.jpg

Surfinsmiley, a 600 dollar fitting session sounds like surefoot they like using a foam injection liner, not a thermoflex type job.

Otherwise, most fitters even the great ones usually get what you need done for around $100 or less not including footbed which usually run from 75 to 200 the latter is the surefoot price.

Your statement on this subject is seriously flawed unless you've worked as a boot fitter. I've worked with fitters and done some of the more simple parts of boot fitting like shell stretches and grinding shell but I am not good enough to do all of my own work. To say if you want it done right do it yourself needs a footnote saying *if you're a experienced boot fitter with access to all the tools a good fitter has.

then why why are you wasting your time replying?, Ive already been to a boot fitter.

While im flattered you may think I value your opinion about my avatar, let me assure you, I don't. Besides you're out numbered by about 1000:1.

Feel free to not respond ever to any of my threads,

thanks!:biggthump

Yea and you obviously took the advise of the bootfitter since your still on BOL looking for the expert advise of the BOL board...

You and your 1000 personallitys love your avtar thoose of use who have been shoot at think your an insult to anything military.

Why don't you just block me then you and your super kook personality don't have to read the real snowboarding advise i give to real snowboarders on the board.

Then I won't feel like I helped some poser out ever...

I took you of my block list for like a day what a mistake.....

If there was a icon of a guy giving you the middle finger I would insert it here!!!!