Note to New Members ×

Metal boards??

Bobby Buggs

Do my 7 Coilers count as a quiver?

No that's not as counting as a quiver, you must be living in heaven. Riding my metal Schtubby 171 is also. Just have ordered a metal RC 175 with Bruce Almighty to split the mountains in two pieces for next season :lurk::1luvu: My legs could bear a lot of more riding with this metal (board).

Great choice! I should have my metal RC 175 on Thursday, can't wait. I think you should get a giant orange lion on the topsheet.

->Ben

Like to hear how yours rides. Yes like the orange colors on the Coilers. Just like my Schtubby.

There is quite a bit of detail on the technical differences in my article here:

http://www.bomberonline.com/articles/building_coiler.cfm

Coincidentally it deals with the construction of exactly the same board as the one you're about to take possession of. Bruce has incorporated a few additional construction refinements but it will be 98% identical. Hope it helps.

I was riding a 185 SG metal top sheet board the past 2 days and found that it was amazing in all conditions. tuesday night skiing it was bulletproof hardpack, the board was the dampest, and most solid thing i've ridden. day 2... we get a foot of snow. fresh tracks in the morning were surprisingly fun. since the board can have a more forgiving longitudinal flex it wasn't hard getting back enough to float. after about 6 runs, races started, performed just as a race board should. in the afternoon, it was almost full on moguls, fairly soft but really lumpy, had to ride back from center a bit but it just plowed through everything. it was unlike anything I'd ridden before. I was laying solid 6 inch deep carves at speed. I'm hooked on metal boards after that experience... probably gonna get an SG.