Note to New Members ×

Snowbird, carving conditions

thomas

I was there last winter and wasn't terribly impressed. Ironically, at least midweek, groomers on the east coast almost seem less crowded. Peruvian gulch has a decent path down. Not really a great carving mountain, but still a few decent ways down.

I always went to Brighton to carve, and actually wished I tried Solitude, because it looked awesome (from the road... I never actually tried it :().

________

HERBAL VAPORIZERS

Carving can be great at the Bird. I usually take laps on the Little Cloud lift and ride Regulator Johnson. The place gets a lot of snow, so after storms it will take a few days to get it groomed. It is steep enough to require a winch (sp?) groomer. The slope is around 40 + degrees and great for EC. Mark Malu and Mineral Basin also have good groomers on sunny days. The grooming is generally not as smooth or consistant as Park City or Solitude, but can still be fun.

I really enjoy Solitude for carving. Runs such as Diamond Lane off the Powderhorn lift and almost any run off the Eagle Express lift are great.

Brighton gets a bit crowded. The Great Western lift has a few good carving runs.

sj