Note to New Members ×

Broken in Aspen

I may be out of email contact for a day or two. Thanks again for your support and kindness. SES 08 was awesome!! I had a super time.

Hope you all did too. Take care. Bryan

Special thanks to Ken T, Tim C for packing up my stuff and driving my truck around in a huge traffic jam.

Prior to the accident. Big, big thanks to Buell and Rebecca for a terrific time in UT. Joel P for short notice place to stay, Donek (Shawn and Shane) and Ken T for letting me flop with them. Fin for protecting my Tinkler. Joey C and Yanna for providing super support!. Looks like Sean C coming to the rescue with ambulance service and air fare. You guys/gals are the best. I am one very lucky dude!! Take care and ride hard. Bryan

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Awesome! :biggthump Good to see you're up and about a bit. Hope you have a safe and reasonably comfortable trip home.

We were among the many people making turns for you yesterday, and we even took a picture of a couple of old snowboards in your honor! Look forward to seeing you in a few weeks.

r & b

post-2992-141842251109_thumb.jpg

Hey Bryan,

They say it can happen to the best!

I just can't belive it happend to you!

Big bad bummer!!!

If you want to come and and be social for the OES?

If you find some one coming down, to drive you?

You both could stay at my pad, you can have the same room as before if you can make it up those stairs?

Get healed, soon!:o

Brett

Sean picked me up , delivered me via mini van to the DIA plus Buddy Pass!! schlept my bags, etc. I am about to board the plane. Be home in Portland within a few hours!!!!

Thanks everyone. I simply can't believe how well things have fallen into place to get me home!! Thank you VERY much one and all.

post-198-14184225112_thumb.jpg

bryan.......look me up when you return and i will come by with pizza and beer. if you need anything just let me know.

Thanks Scott, how is your back feeling?

Looks like I am going to need to clear that path to "Crutch Width". :smashfrea

Made it home safe and sound.

Going to MY bed now!! :D

Hey Bryan,

They say it can happen to the best!

I just can't belive it happend to you!

Big bad bummer!!!

If you want to come and and be social for the OES?

If you find some one coming down, to drive you?

You both could stay at my pad, you can have the same room as before if you can make it up those stairs?

Get healed, soon!:o

Brett

Thanks Brett, need a little while to heal up. Get off the meds. Thanks for the generous offer. My arm pits / ribs are pretty sore right now. Need to ice and elevate.

Hope I am up to it by OES.

Bryan

Guest GQuentin

Glad you are home safe and sound. It was great seeing you at the Banquet in such high spirits. Nothing can hold you back!!!

Thanks again for all your knowledge and advice. For a newcomer to plates you truly are a teacher and mentor to this intense sport.

I hope to see you at OES. 1st round on me,

Quentin

Thanks Quentin for the kind words. The "Reality" of a broken leg and all of its limitations has started to settle in. Trying to carry something or only being able to be 'Up" for short periods before the blood swells the leg etc has made it hard. Support from friends and family is hard to take yet essential and humbly accepted. I am down but not out. :D

I would like to nominate you for "Rookie of the year". I have been blown away by your progress. Your enthusiasm is amazing and those you come in contact can not help but become a part of your program of improvement.

I am most impressed and it has been YOU that made this happen.

Thanks again. Bryan

Little if any drinking my future. :smashfrea

Glad you are home safe and sound. It was great seeing you at the Banquet in such high spirits. Nothing can hold you back!!!

Well, I paid the 50$ :biggthump , I had just got out of the hospital a few hours before the Banquet. I was anxious to see the faces and feel the vibe. It helped carry me through the night. I was pretty pooped when Larry got me back to Joey's. What a great group of people. Makes me proud to be a part. {broken part} Bryan

Guest GQuentin
Thanks Quentin for the kind words. The "Reality" of a broken leg and all of its limitations has started to settle in. Trying to carry something or only being able to be 'Up" for short periods before the blood swells the leg etc has made it hard. Support from friends and family is hard to take yet essential and humbly accepted. I am down but not out. :D

I would like to nominate you for "Rookie of the year". I have been blown away by your progress. Your enthusiasm is amazing and those you come in contact can not help but become a part of your program of improvement.

I am most impressed and it has been YOU that made this happen.

Thanks again. Bryan

Little if any drinking my future. :smashfrea

Thanks Brian,

but your words are to kind. This community continues to blow me away. All riding improvement is credited to you, Mike and Bonnie, Don and Etsu, Buell and Rebecca, Tim, Allee, Ray, Joerg and Remo, Dan, Dan L, Greg, Ken, and Steve. Mike and Bonnie, and Buell and Rebecca let me crash in there homes, Mike let me ride Charlie Brown up until a week ago while I was waiting for my board, Don gives me lessons, Buell and Rebecca let me ride some of there boards from there Quiver, Bruce built me a bad ass board, Dave steered me into picking the perfect boots, I can't even begin with all knowledge everyone shares with me, and with 15 days on plates I have never ridden by myself. I really can't find the right words to express my appreciation and thanks. I only hope that I have the opportunity to help and guide someone the way all of you have helped and guided me. I can't wait to pay all of this kindness forward. It is a pleasure and an honor to call all of you friends. :1luvu: Carving Rules and so do all of you,

Quentin

with 15 days on plates I have never ridden by myself.

That is awesome! You're a walking expression session! :biggthump

Don't sell yourself short. BrYan (note spelling!) is a nice guy, but he's also one of the most honest, no BS people I know. Can't wait to see you carve in March.

Hey, Bryan - I bet a little rest has been great! If I know you, you've already devised quite a few gimp-inventions.... No climbing ladders on one leg, o.k.?

Rebecca

Truck arrived in fine shape today!!! Won't be able to drive it for another 5-7 weeks, but it is nice to have it and it's contents home.

HUGE thanks goes out to KIMO!!! Thanks for donating two days of driving to the cause. As a professional commerical pilot Kimo responded to my question about how the truck drove. He said, "Fine, a little heavy in the rear on the slushy areas". Good call KIMO. 12 snowboards and two pairs of skis, 2 tool boxes , extra 6 bindings sets, 6 pair of boots etc, etc etc.

Thanks again for your care and generocity.

Bryan

post-198-141842251813_thumb.jpg

post-198-14184225182_thumb.jpg

Good to see your moving around and got your truck back home. I was your broken carver roomate at aspen valley. Your enthusiasm is impressive and I definetly feel your pain. You never know how much you use certain joints until you can't. I have had to plan out how to move certain things and how to do stuff that is normally so simple.

Since we are both bionic titanium infused men I propose a race! First one to heal wins a beer at the next ses! Hell I'll buy you a beer(or whatever your preference is) either way.:biggthump Heal quick.

The nurses were really cute huh? However they gave me pain drugs so I would have thought they were angels no matter what.:p

I can drive well enough. My truck is a stick so its interesting but beats getting bumped on the bus. My arm has finally stopped hurting and I'm starting to get some flexibility back. I'm back to work(well "work" I don't do alot but I can watch the lifts) and figuring out how to do stuff so I'm definetly doing good. They tell me 6 weeks or so.

I think thats just aspen. Its crazy sometimes, there are beautiful women everywhere.