Note to New Members ×

lovey on sunday the 10th

big mario

changed my plans, see you at 8:30

Hey Big,

I will see you on Sunday. Bring the Tanker as I-70 is closed so the snow should be deep. 8" this AM with more scheduled to arrive today/tonight/tomorrow. Tomorrow should be GREAT!

Ink

By the way, no SES for me, slammed at work and Janet going to NYC again.

Looks like I'll be heading up there with a skier friend of mine... we'll be leaving arvada at around 6:30, so hopefully will be there with plenty of time before the lifts open. I'll be in a green jacket and black full face helmet... or you can just look for the only other guy on the hill with intec cables sticking out of his boots. I'm still a beginning carver, so hopefully I can keep up with you guys for a run or two and learn something.

Steve

Inkaholic will be in all black, not sure if concussed is going, pc denver has too many jackets, but will be in a brown/yellow flamed helmet, I will be in an orange/white jacket, black pants and red helmet. We will be at 1,2 and 6, just follow the trenches. LLR, looks like it will be a hb day. Accidental, don't worry abouy keeping up, we are just happy to make some turns

mario

Guest shrederjen

I know its late, but, I may show up noonish, if Ya'll are still there.

Bright blue jacket riding the Madd 170.

Its either the Basin or Loveland!!

Hope to run into folks out there tomorrow!

(NOT literally, of course!)

Sorry I missed you guys this weekend... we got up just a little late, and didn't get to the lifts til 8:45 or so. Followed some trenches around for a bit, and saw some of you guys ripping it up from the lifts. I was having some pretty severe foot cramps (back to the bootfitter, I guess) and my buddy hurt his knee, so we decided to beat traffic out of there.

Hopefully I'll be up there again in a couple weeks.

llr, it was nice to meet you too. You are welcome to ride with us whenever you come to Lovey.

AC, I think I saw you from the lift. Sorry your friend hurt his knee and your feet were cramping.

A couple suggestions on the cramping: 1) Don't eagle claw your toes - check your foot beds to see if your toes are leaving wear marks - usually means that you are curling your toes which can cause the cramping 2) Go to Larry's Boot Fitting in Boulder - the best bootfitter in CO

Good luck and hope to see you both soon.

Ink

AC, I think I saw you from the lift.

Hopefully it was on one of my good runs and not one of my bad ones.:D

A couple suggestions on the cramping: 1) Don't eagle claw your toes - check your foot beds to see if your toes are leaving wear marks - usually means that you are curling your toes which can cause the cramping 2) Go to Larry's Boot Fitting in Boulder - the best bootfitter in CO

I had Larry mold the liners when I got the boots last month. He told me to ride on the 5 days and bring them back in for some adjustments. Saturday was day 5, so I'm going to try to get back up there next week and see what he can do. I'm pretty sure I'm not clawing my toes.

I also made the mistake of not reading through all the tech articles here on Bomber before heading up, and forgot to do some of the things that had made my carving start to come together in Jackson Hole a few weeks ago, so I spent a lot more time skidding and less time carving than I was hoping to. If I'm lucky, I'll make it back to Loveland the 23rd or 24th, with as much technique info as I can find packed into my head.

I also made the mistake of not reading through all the tech articles here on Bomber before heading up, and forgot to do some of the things that had made my carving start to come together in Jackson Hole a few weeks ago, so I spent a lot more time skidding and less time carving than I was hoping to. If I'm lucky, I'll make it back to Loveland the 23rd or 24th, with as much technique info as I can find packed into my head.

An old friend of mine keeps a cheat sheet of tips in his pocket to look over daily before ever getting on the hill. The first time he brought that out when Big Mario was a fledgling totally blew Mario away.

Larry is a great guy and will get you hooked up.

Ink