Note to New Members ×

Molding Intuitions for softies

BlueB

I've got a pair of Vans step-in boots that came with Intuition liners. They are not molded for me and make my feet go asleep. I almost do not see a way of doing classic molding method in the owen, as it is super hard to get them back into the boots, due to a stupid internal lace system. I tried replacing them with more comfortable liners, but the boot looses a lot of stiffness, even with stiff-tongued ski liner. So, I'll have to find the way to mold the Intuitions.

Is it posible to mold them with hot air while in the boot?

Did anyone owen mold them and have an easy method of getting them back into the boots?

Any other methods?

Thanks,

Boris

What I do for my hard boots is after the liner is on your foot and before it goes into the boot, put a plastic shopping bag over it. It should help keep it from getting caught on things while it's going in.

Can the whole boot be put in the oven?

take them out of the boot and mold them as you normaly would ( be careful they shrink drastically if they get to hot ):eek: then put them in a walmart sack or other plastic grocery bag and slide them right in to the boot. I have the best luck by putting them on my foot first and then inserting them into the boot. obvious stuff includes loosening the laces inside first etc.

Its a great set up which boots do you have?

I dont even know the model... I'll take a pic later.

All I know they are X type and I've got N type bindings. I've got the X type (highback) bindings on the way. I'll mod them with a power strap on top and tilt-lock mechanism for more power.

The inner lace system is the biggest problem, there's some kind of heel retention soft shell that's held with velcro to the aft end of the boot, while stiched forward on the sides. When pushing the liners in, the shell detaches from velcro and collapses under the liner jamming the entire thing. The only way is to reach in and force it out - I always end up with scratched hands. Wont be easy with hot liner. It's time consuming too, so the liners would start cooling already...

What's the goot owen temperature, anyways?

Hey Boris, google up "intuition sports" for the contact #s

they are right in Vancouver, south side of Cambie bridge beside Maynards Auctioneers. Odds are you will speak to Rob and or Crystle, nice folks,

They have the tube heater system that does not require removal from the shell. had a set done there a few years back by Rob, seems to have a handle on liner molding.

They honour CASI for pro deals ( take your card)

Not sure what they would charge but it would be worth a phone call and a quick detour enroute to/from Cypress one day.

Hope that helps, see ya on the hill saturday.

Dave*

... had a set done there a few years back by Rob, seems to have a handle on liner molding. ...
Boris, I second this opinion of Dave*. Give them a call and see if they're available for a fitting session. If they aren't, Rob will certainly be able to recommend a 32 dealer that can help you out.

Hey, thanks for the advice, everyone!

After succesfully molding my Dalbelos with hair dryer, I decided to give it a shot at Intuitions in softies, too. It worked great - I created all the room I needed, toe box, etc.

In the meantime, my Switch step-in highback bindings arrived. Had them mounted on the board and did some carpet carving. I'm not convinced by the stiffness of the boots... Interface to the binding is rock solid, and highback can give a lot of positive pressure when engaged, but latteral flex is way too much. I think it's still way softer then my Franken-combo of 3-straps and Drivers with reichle tongues.

I'll try riding it tomorrow and shell see...

Boris