Note to New Members ×

hard boots + soft board?

incjet123

When I got my hardboots I put them right onto my freeride board which was a K@ Union, 164, moderately stiff. The boots and plates are so much more powerful than most softies that they make the board seem much more flexible (bendy).

That is, I had a lot of fun for a day or so doing effortless low-speed short-radius carves but then you start going faster and faster as your comfort level increases and the board feels less and less safe. ANd it's really easy to twist it in weird ways too.

So it was an OK transitional time....

Michael

I have ridden plates on boards ranging from an Avalanche Kick and a Lamar Freestyle to big lib techs (grocer/doughboy) to carving boards. you can ride plates on anything. be careful of older boards as the plates will exert more force on the inserts than freestyle bindings do.

I've used plates on my Libtec grocer, K2 eldo 159 & 165, Identity carbon 173 & glass 173. Burton raceplates no problems, xbones no problems, stepin nitro plates did cause point load cracks in the Identity and alp (which plex plates should prevent) but that's with extreme use in heavy snow

Guest GQuentin

Is your supermodel 172 a new model or old model. I had an old supermodel 172, which I remember being pretty soft. Whatever the model, just take it slow. Also, what boots do you use?