Note to New Members ×

Madd 170 set up

cafercr35

I had one a couple years ago so I will give my input. Those tradiditonally like to be rode a bit toward the nose so set your stance forward. Width is a personal thing but the majority of people I see use between 18 and 20 inch stances. Angles, unless you have a small foot need to be in the upper 50s on that board to avoid boot out.

Thats all I have:cool:

I have tried to ride the 158 and 170 a bit foward as many posters here have mentioned, "hated it" I ride all madds centered on the insert pack.

I had never heard from anyone anthing about riding the board foward intill it was posted here on BOL.

Both boards like to hook up to much when I mount them a cm or so foward.

Just my 2 cents

I ride both my 170 and 158 on front inserts and swear by it. Stance width is 19 3/4, and angles are 50 front and 47 rear. FYI, my boots are 25's, not a small foot. I think that riding any board is going to be a very personal experience for everyone. Hard to say what YOU should do, other than try different things, and see what you like.

I ride both my 170 and 158 on front inserts and swear by it. Stance width is 19 3/4, and angles are 50 front and 47 rear. FYI, my boots are 25's, not a small foot. I think that riding any board is going to be a very personal experience for everyone. Hard to say what YOU should do, other than try different things, and see what you like.

I do definitely agree with personalization of every rider and every board....it's just nice to know where others are....gives me a start point.

Just a s above i'm riding one knotch to the rear instead of to the front... go figure....I just know it's my sweet spot:D

Thanks for you feedback and reply