Note to New Members ×

Northeast wash out

Bobby Buggs

My wife called me at work today to tell me the bad news,our furnace is shot and it'll be $6K for replacement. Effectively ending any future snowboarding adventures this year with luck I'll get a late season Wa-Wa day.:smashfrea

sorry to hear that :(

Can't imagine something like that happening. Try some bus trips?

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Chit, here we go again. I dont know if The Beast can escape this one....

Tomorrow: Periods of rain. Rain becoming heavy at times in the afternoon. High 47F. Winds S at 5 to 10 mph. 1 to 2 inches of rain expected.

Tomorrow night: Rain early...a snow shower possible later at night. Low 27F. Winds NW at 10 to 20 mph.

SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Chit, here we go again. I dont know if The Beast can escape this one....

Tomorrow: Periods of rain. Rain becoming heavy at times in the afternoon. High 47F. Winds S at 5 to 10 mph. 1 to 2 inches of rain expected.

Tomorrow night: Rain early...a snow shower possible later at night. Low 27F. Winds NW at 10 to 20 mph.

SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DUDE.....

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JZELGADNUks&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JZELGADNUks&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

It's going to be 10* colder at the Dome, it's going to snow for quite a while before it rains, the rain passes right through the fresh snow, and there's more snow coming after the rain.

Hey,.....hey, hey,.....'member last week 'bout this time? Someone was bein' a whiny bish 'bout the conditions, makin all frowny faces and askin' "How????"

'member?:rolleyes:

So how was it?

That's right,

little smiley faces with all hearts and thumbs up 'n stuff.

My wife called me at work today to tell me the bad news,our furnace is shot and it'll be $6K for replacement. Effectively ending any future snowboarding adventures this year with luck I'll get a late season Wa-Wa day.:smashfrea

Tony, my heating system crapped out mid winter some years back and I schlepped it along for awhile running space heaters and cranking the fire place. You just couldn't be away for long enough to let the pipes potentially freeze.I finally got the 12 month Home Depot deferred plan for $5K.The condo association wasn't too keen on my methods of heating my hovel:smashfrea:eplus2:

not to worry, "we have ways" of getting you back on the hill:D

DUDE.....

Hey,.....hey, hey,.....'member last week 'bout this time? Someone was bein' a whiny bish 'bout the conditions, makin all frowny faces and askin' "How????"

'member?:rolleyes:

So how was it?

That's right,

little smiley faces with all hearts and thumbs up 'n stuff.

John Cusuck at his best

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S2C07yRCdT8&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S2C07yRCdT8&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0390822/

I "was" going to go to Okemo this weekend instead I'll be going to Greentree Eastrock or Wheelabrator hopefully with the new (paid for) board that Andrew (xxguitarist) is building for me, see below. Or baring that my new slalom spot to run cones but I'd rather play on the new board

DSCF0591.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I've been feeling really bad for you poor saps out on the Ice Coast so I stayed up all night last night in a caffeine fueled trance praying to gods of snow and dancing for their pleasure that they might smile and bestow upon you their favor. Did it work?

I've been feeling really bad for you poor saps out on the Ice Coast so I stayed up all night last night in a caffeine fueled trance praying to gods of snow and dancing for their pleasure that they might smile and bestow upon you their favor. Did it work?

You may need to use something stronger than caffeine to to the east coast gods......it started out nice and fluffy 6-8" by mid afternoon the rain god piss all over and the fluffly turned to heavy piles of cement.....I just walked my dogs and the top layer is freezing over and the driveway is a solid sheet of ice.

Lookin forward to doing some carving tomorrow....lol.....

Thanks for all you dancing - I'm not complaining - you may have added a couple weekends for use....back up to 46 tomorrow. Hopefully the groomers will work their magic and we can get some fresh powdered cord for the morning.

Thanks for the cafeine snow dance man, but the winter really has been great so far in this part of the east...no complaints whatsoever.

The snow quality (i.e. hardness) on race courses this year has been almost perfect a majority of the time.

And December was truly epic.

It's ALLLLLLL gooooood!:cool: