Note to New Members ×

2008 USASA Nationals Schedule

gburgess

I'm considering it...and I'm PQ for GS/SL so wouldn't need to qualify as Open...but I'm not gonna do it unless my fellow Legends (Railey is already Open I believe) come with me...working on Kelley and Maynard but no luck, and too late at this point. I guess the aim would be a top ten finish, but it would be more fun if a bunch of riders from my age group did it and we could have some sort of pool/wager on the best finish in OC at Nats...maybe next year?

Mario M. - you out there? (literally, not figuratively :-)

working on one as we speak....

jimmy railey is skiing this year. just spoke to him a few days ago- he's loving life in park city.

havea good weekend at bromley. justin mattice will be there again- we're workign on his upper body mechanics a bunch. the kid has potential to be fast.

Cool - how far off of Legends division are you anyway?

Man it would be cool if we had me, Mario M., Railey, Kelly, Maynard, Hogan, Dowd and you duking it out some year soon!

I look forward to seeing Justin and his Dad this weekend - did Justin's hand heal up OK? Maynard is coming down with me and JK will be racing too. Some of the SMS kids who were at RTTC last SVSS alpine races should be back as well.

HI

I am considering nationals this year. <O:p</O:p

It looks like i already qualified in masters in slalom (Catskills region), there was not much competition.<O:p</O:p

And i am hoping to qualify in GS as well (one more race to go) <O:p</O:p

Can i start in open class in national as well? or do I need to qualify in my region? <O:p</O:p

I am going to Bromly this weekend to see if i am actually good enough to go to <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com><st1:State w:st=Colorado</ST1:p</st1:State><O:p</O:p

I am kind of new to racing but open to meet new people and to have some fun and learn. <O:p

What should I expect in Bromley?<O:p

<O:p

Thanks <O:p

Great

Would be great to learn something from real players.

All races i did before were way too easy.

I carve most of my live, got to racing just recently.

Przemek - I doubt you'll have anybody else in the men's masters division at Bromley...there were none at the first alpine weekend. But you can compete for overall medals at the Southern VT series, which is unique in a USASA series. Scott Palmer, the SD, really runs things professionally. Announcers, a results board at the finish, and usually a course re-set BETWEEN RUNS of each race! Nobody else, at least in the Northeast, does that. Usually when we do a dual GS like this weekend, after the second race is done, we'll take the top eight men and women and then we run a head to head knock out round just for fun...not sure if Scott is planning on doing that this weekend. A lot of the faster SMS kids have moved up to USSA racing this year, but there will still be some fast Legends racers, and kids named Brendan and Justin and Indrik who rip. Be sure you are ready for the higher entry fees if you are used to the Catskills series - the weekend will cost you $130 in entry fees, plus $25 to SVSS...but email Scott off the link on the SVSS USASA page and let him know you are coming, to confirm the fees. It would be great to have you join us! :biggthump

wavechaser

thanks so much for such a nice welcoming, i know it will be a lot of fun.

I will be in winham instructor atrocius looking blue jacket, please say hi when you see me.

thanks

See you there! You can't miss my group...we're the only people racing who are over 20 years old!

Hi

What should i register, open on my category? (masters, unfortunatly)

Or should i do bouth?

Thanks

If you are qualifying for Nationals through your home series in the Catskills in the Masters division, then you should stay in the Masters. If you switch to Open, you cannot go back to Masters in the same season. You would lose any qualifying points you already have acquired so far this year as a Masters racer - and you only have one GS race left in the Catskill series. Besides, like I said, you can compete for men's overall results medals in each race in the Soiuthern VT series. :biggthump

I'll be going to Nationals again this year too! The only thing is that I'm racing the first and last day again. Yep, Senior Men's GS is on Sunday and Slalom is on Friday. Lame! I'll see if I qualify for boardercross this year. If not I'll have a lot of free time to go play around Copper!

Hi

What should i register, open on my category? (masters, unfortunatly)

Or should i do bouth?

Thanks

Przemek - nice job at Bromley Saturday! An overall silver medal in the Southern VT series is nothing to sneeze at. Heck, Anton is the only guy who beat you. I was able to grab an overall Bronze in the SL on Sunday. Enjoyed meeting you and your brother Wacek (sp?)...see you in Copper I hope!

I'll be going to Nationals again this year too! The only thing is that I'm racing the first and last day again. Yep, Senior Men's GS is on Sunday and Slalom is on Friday. Lame!

I had that schedule last year...I thought it was lame at first too, but it was good actually...I had a great time on the off days hiking, lying on the beach in King's Beach, photographing the BX one day...kept me strong, loose and ready for the final day...didn't burn the legs with too much riding...but I'm 46 so that's maybe more important in my division. ;)

Hey guys,

This year I am trying to get a spot on the ballot for riders rep. I have grown up racing USASA and now have started to move into FIS, and would definitely like to help USASA make some positive improvements!! As well as try to get younger kids into the sport!!!

Mike Trapp

• 2 weeks later...

You've got my vote Trappy! I had that same schedule as you Wavechaser. It was kinda nice. I spent every day on the mountain except for maybe one day. I even volunteered to help one of the days when mens open had the slalom course. It was fun, I guess I'll just explore Colorado more with my days off, or have fun riding Copper.