Note to New Members ×

Race waxes?

DiveBomber

What I like to do while brushing: 2 things...

1) I don't bang the brush down or set it down, but I like to be moving before the brush contacts the board. (in hind sight, should I ask if this is a bad thing to do?)

B) I like to spritz a little water on the board before brushing. I've heard static won't build from the brushing process this way, but I just find that it stays a little cleaner. There aren't little wax dust particles flyin all over.

Swix sells an anti-static cloth on a roll that seems to do a good job sort of de staticing a base post brush.

Unless I am prepping to race I found that Dominator all temp hydo wax does prett well at most temps non extreme temps. I have also got away from scraping every time, I try and wax as evenly as possible, perhaps a light scrape to take down large pooling, wax off edges, brush and ride.

while we're at it

in the early season and late season always do a pre-wax with a prep wax like re-new zoom or something similar, a warm scrape then again with the prep wax and do it the normal way, then do you wax for the specific temperature.

the reason why, early season where there have been snow guns in use the water often has allot of minerals and other fine particulate in it and it ends up on your base, end of season all sorts of stuff, pine tar, dust, minerals you name it and it's there and it's concentrating as the snow melts.