Note to New Members ×

BTS and extreme shin pain (input for adjustment needed)

Ernie00

I've been trying to drive my back knee more during heelside turns, and was experiencing some painful shin bang. I use the BTS with yellow springs. Until I changed my technique, I didn't get shin bang.

I got a pair of booster straps, but it only relieved some of the shin bang.

I tried ordering the Shintronics, but the online ordering from the website was no longer working.

I then bought a pair of soccer shin pads for $20. I used one shin pad on my back boot (shoved the shin pad between the tongue and inner bladder). The soccer shin pad worked great!!! Totally eliminated the shin bang, and it's a lot cheaper than the Shintronics.

The cheap $10 soccer shin pads would probably work just as well.

I looked at the shintronics and some other options from bungapads - I havent tried them yet (though I have the bungapads on order. I had some problems with my rear leg last week (skinned it clean). This weekend I am going to try out some eliminator pads. My lower calves are on the narrow side, so I have to crank down the cuff buckle pretty hard - this has the effect of stiffening the boot (which I like) but I am still not getting the right kind of fit around the boot cuff.

Part of my problem is that I replaced the standard head liner with the deeluxe speed liner to get a better fit in the lower boot (this has worked out beautifully), but the speed liner is a wrap design so it offers less shin protection in the front than the standard head liner.

The thing I like about the instaprint eliminator pad is that it goes on the boot - it's not something you can forget or something you have to put on over your sock. They sell them at Tognar.

http://tognar.com/boot_heater_warmer_fitting_dryer_canting_dryers_ski_snowboard.html

http://www.masterfitenterprises.com/eliminator.html

I looked at the shintronics and some other options from bungapads - I havent tried them yet (though I have the bungapads on order. I had some problems with my rear leg last week (skinned it clean). This weekend I am going to try out some eliminator pads. My lower calves are on the narrow side, so I have to crank down the cuff buckle pretty hard - this has the effect of stiffening the boot (which I like) but I am still not getting the right kind of fit around the boot cuff.

Part of my problem is that I replaced the standard head liner with the deeluxe speed liner to get a better fit in the lower boot (this has worked out beautifully), but the speed liner is a wrap design so it offers less shin protection in the front than the standard head liner.

The thing I like about the instaprint eliminator pad is that it goes on the boot - it's not something you can forget or something you have to put on over your sock. They sell them at Tognar.

http://tognar.com/boot_heater_warmer_fitting_dryer_canting_dryers_ski_snowboard.html

http://www.masterfitenterprises.com/eliminator.html

nice find on the eliminator pad...just ordered one. I have small shins and i've already drilled out custom holes to move the strap back on my 325T's and they are still loose. This should help fill in the volume a bit, I'll give it a shot! :biggthump

I was getting some serious shin pain at Fernie last weekend riding 1 meter of POWPOW and I tried to change the forward lean back a bit on my blue spring BTS to help it out and it did a touch but I also found that tightening the buckles up quite snug around my shins worked too. If they are slightly loose, you have room to rub but if they are tight, no rubby.

Just my 2 cents.

1 Meter of Powder ----->awesome.

nice find on the eliminator pad...just ordered one. I have small shins and i've already drilled out custom holes to move the strap back on my 325T's and they are still loose. This should help fill in the volume a bit, I'll give it a shot! :biggthump

I've been using that pad for a few years now and it helps a TON. Ironically, I was just recently wondering how that shintronics thing compared. Looks like it doesn't extend down over that area between your shin and top of foot (front ankle?). I'd think that would leave space above your heel and induce lift. It's more $$$ too. Sometimes simple is better... but I never tried the shintronics.

Anyway... eliminator fills a lot of space for me with my super skinny legs. If you have skinny legs and have trouble filling the upper boot, you're going to wonder how you ever got by without these. I use them in my softies too. I actually use the power strap too... which helps, but not nearly as big of an impact as the pads.

________

Kitchen Measures