Note to New Members ×

Okemo/Vermont conditions???

MAD1

Thinking of heading up to Okemo on Thursday night for a Friday/Saturday stint. Can anyone tell me what the conditions are like either there or some place close by? With the warmish weather recently and now the arctic blast, I'm fearing dust on crust conditions. Let me know please. Thanks.

Conditions this past weekend were nice. I don't know if all of you saw the note I posted earlier but on Saturdays and Sundays I set one of Okemo's NASTAR courses with snowboard gates. See this thread. Our course is open Fri - Sat - Sun (although I only set a single course with ski gates on Fridays). Cost is $6 for 2 runs that count toward NASTAR (and earn medals) or you can run all day for $10. I'd love to see a lot of hardbooters ripping up the course. The course is easily visible from a chairlift and that might encourage a few folks to try the sport. We're right next to the halfpipe and visible from its t-bar. The course is on lower Blackout. If you're not all ready registered with NASTAR save some time and do so in advance online. There's no charge.

If you're not interested in running the course, Okemo has plenty of groomed cruisers.

Also, a few folks have mentioned coming to the mountain on Feb 17th to run the course.

Conditions this past weekend were nice. I don't know if all of you saw the note I posted earlier but on Saturdays and Sundays I set one of Okemo's NASTAR courses with snowboard gates. See this thread. Our course is open Fri - Sat - Sun (although I only set a single course with ski gates on Fridays). Cost is $6 for 2 runs that count toward NASTAR (and earn medals) or you can run all day for $10. I'd love to see a lot of hardbooters ripping up the course. The course is easily visible from a chairlift and that might encourage a few folks to try the sport. We're right next to the halfpipe and visible from its t-bar. The course is on lower Blackout. If you're not all ready registered with NASTAR save some time and do so in advance online. There's no charge.

If you're not interested in running the course, Okemo has plenty of groomed cruisers.

Also, a few folks have mentioned coming to the mountain on Feb 17th to run the course.

I'd certainly be interested once I get better, I've never been in a course.

Geoff,

Why Okemo?

You should come to Stratton on Sat. it will be me, Shaggy, Cherri and most likely Paul.

Visiting my old college roommate, his parents have a place there. I hope to get my 4 year old son on skis. I probably will only get a few hours in in the morning on Saturday.

Alex is that turn 5 in your avatar?