Note to New Members ×

Burton Alp 169

Guest madeofmeat

I have a Alp Seven Point Zero that I only rode a few times hanging on the wall.

woodgrain topsheet graphics and old plate bindings are to freaking beautiful, I can't seem to let her go...

Hey, can you post the pic just for the enjoyment of woodgrain fans? Is it real or printed?

Thanks,

Boris

Hey, can you post the pic just for the enjoyment of woodgrain fans? Is it real or printed?

Thanks,

Boris

Sure can, just as soon as I do a bit of studying to figure out how . . . :confused:

{EDIT: ok, I took a few PICs, found a thread instructing how to upload... and now can't get my SD Card reader to read my card... and my Cam to USB cable is at work. I'll try to post it up monday

Anyway, I also looked through the old sales catalog that I filed away with the reciept and s/n from way back when I bought the board, my first Alpine board... it doesn't 'say' it's "Real" wood, but it sure is perdy... and sentimental}

Guest madeofmeat

Thanks for the responses.

I'm looking for a board that will be relatively easy to ride and cut through the crud that builds up over the day here in southern Ontario.

It's been a while since I have ridden a carving setup; I remember the Alp and the Ultra Prime being a pretty fun rides.

Guest madeofmeat
If you're interested in the Alp 172, email me or post, and I will take some photos.

My Alp 172 was benched in favor of a RadAir Tanker 172.

gdboytyler please check your mail.

Please send me an email with pics and specs

Thanks

[attach]10449[/attach]

[attach]10450[/attach]

I used to have the shorter version of that board, an asym Alp 5.7 I think. Mine had a natural wood topsheet with a medium brown stain and burnt orange racing stripes. I had a real hard time finding a goofy asym Alp. It had the original step-in race plates on it. I wish I still had that board and my old Asym Air. They would be great for those retro days.

I used to have the shorter version of that board, an asym Alp 5.7 I think. Mine had a natural wood topsheet with a medium brown stain and burnt orange racing stripes. I had a real hard time finding a goofy asym Alp. It had the original step-in race plates on it. I wish I still had that board and my old Asym Air. They would be great for those retro days.

look closely in the lower right corner of the first PIC... same board of which you speak, 157 aysm reg, lol

The asym Alps have a real wood topsheet just like the asym air. I still have a used up 164. (Far left in my avitar)

I 'thought' I remembered them as having real wood topsheets so when the question came up, I looked closely at both of mine. They 'look' like real wood. I looked through the Burton sales brochure that I filed away from back when I bought both of them but didn't find any mention of it, so I didn't make the claim.