Note to New Members ×

Race at Eaglebrook School

ncermak

(sadly) It is longer and/or steeper than anything we race on. As you know, the race trailalso pulls a left turn, then a right turn at the bottom, making it a more interesting set, as opposed to our normal straight, wide open courses.

You should definitely come out for the event. If nothing else you get your chance to ride the hil...without the consequences...

Oh yeah, I can totaly see the turn thing from a where you can set up a course point of view. When it's bare the top seems a little off-camber too. Is it? I'm surprised it's one of the longer and steeper courses you get to ride on though. Unfortunately I won't be able to be there. I'm working all day at Berkshire East. You guys ever race up there?

we would have loved to, especially when the other hills in the berkshires were involved. But they never wanted anything to do with us...

The rest of the Berkshires fell through for us to. Jiminy didn't want to do it after the first year, Butternut insisted on charging us. Bousquets couldn;t pull off an event last season, leaving us scrambling. So we gave in and consolidated, and stuck to central mass. WAWA and Ward.

That's too bad. Berkshire East has new owners this year though and I've received a lot of positive interest in my alpine set-up from the ski side of the ski school and the race staff in the last week. PM me if you'd like to try and make it happen. Can't promise anything, but I've got some ideas and am sure willing to give it a try.

• 2 weeks later...

Sugar and mashed potatoes tonight, most likely the same for tomorrow.

It'll recover quick once it gets cold again. Their snow-making has been very good lately. The last couple of years they've been investing in a slew of new guns and also put in some new lines this past summer. I think the mountain is layed out nicely for carving and it is rarely the least bit crowded. I met Redfordguy there this past Sunday. Apparently he's rides there regularly. I'll be up tomorrow, Wed., and Sat. working this comming week. May ride Mon. and/or Fri. as well. Can you stop by?

Folks at the mountain love the carve board. Only funny look I got was from a never-ever on a rental at line-up. He asked me "What's wrong with your snowboard?":smashfrea

I told him what was right with it.:nono::eplus2:

Im in longmeadow and like to get out during the week. Never been there on a board so Im interetsted in it for sure. We will have to try and hook up soon. With 50 and rain Wednesday Im not looking to go this week:( but keep in touch.

hey, if you guys set a date where a few of you hit it I and a couple others out my way would probably be able to come out

to the beast I mean