Note to New Members ×

Ah..I think I have a concussion

DiveBomber

Go see a doctor and have someone hang out with you for a few days to keep an eye on you.

...one thing I've done for friends in the past is wake them up a few times during the night to see if they still know where they are and who they are...once one guy started getting sick and we went to the hospital ASAP, ended up with a stage/level 2 concusion and had an over-night.

Take it easy though,

Gord

Most Helmets are designed for a single impact, could be time to replace or have the mfg inspect. I did a similar heel side smack back in 1999 with a hard shell Leedom lid. I could not detect any damage but Leedom said the impact was so hard it fractured the styrofoam at the point of impact and the reprocussion fractured the front. The cost to rebuild was $30 + shipping.

When to Replace a Helmet

A helmet will generally last 2-3 years under ideal conditions. However, a hard fall or other impact can render your helmet useless. Frequently inspect your helmet for cracks, dents, imprints, etc. Don't take risks. When in doubt, replace your helmet to save your noggin.

Thanks, Went to the ER, they said i could have a cat scan, but I figure id hold off on that for now. I'm feeling better now. not 100% yet.

Doc mentioned something about the possibility of brain Bleeding, So im not sure if I should take asprin or not, cause id like too. Dont have a headache, just gereral all round beat.

I dont know if it was so much of a direct impact at much as a whipping motion, cause I flipped right back on to the toe side edge.

As a recent recipient of a serious knock on the noggin, I don't think you should mess around with this Mike. A month out now and I still have trouble completing my thoughts, spelling, punctuation and other acts of every day random misc. we take for granted. Stay off of the hill for a bit and lie low, and maybe rethink waiting on the cat scan, any evidence of brain bleeding is also evidence of brain damage. :(

just my.02,

mario

As a recent recipient of a serious knock on the noggin, I don't think you should mess around with this Mike. A month out now and I still have trouble completing my thoughts, spelling, punctuation and other acts of every day random misc. we take for granted. Stay off of the hill for a bit and lie low, and maybe rethink waiting on the cat scan, any evidence of brain bleeding is also evidence of brain damage. :(

just my.02,

mario

Thanks Mario, Hope you're feeling better. There is also the possibility I caught a bug too and it was just coincidental. No way to really know. I feel much better now, about 95%. It was just the nausea that really threw me. Never felt nausea like that with a virus. But the Doc was saying that the fact that I didn't feel anything immediately after the crash that it probably would be ok shortly.

And go ahead with the CT scan. While it's true that they pack a massive whallop of radiation--you don't want more than two of these in a lifetime if you can avoid it--brain damage is a sure thing, versus potential radiation risk. Definitely stay off the slopes in the meantime; a second impact would likely be catastrophic.

Don't play with that dude.

Somebody I know died of concussion 1 month ago. He waited before going to see a doctor. Everything was fine when he did but things got worse and worse a few days later.... Intensive care at the hospital for a few days and BANG.

He ended up in the cemetery fpr xmas.... :(