Note to New Members ×

Installing Intec heel...PANIC...need help

185er

I did NOT install the included T-Nuts in my Heads and I've had no issues the past couple seasons.

It helps when the parking lot at your local hill turns into a mud pit and the mud drys up in the screw holes...

Last time I removed my Intecs I had to scrape for like 30 minutes to get all of that dirt out of the holes.

When installing Intec heels, use a blow dryer to soften up the plastic sole in the boot a bit before putting in the T-nuts. Then as somebody said use and extension drive from a ratchet set to start and set. I use a slide hammer (specialty carpenters tool for mine).

You never know how valuable a set on Intec bindings are until you break a rib in the middle of a steep bump run.

I'll never go back to anything else, just way to much fun especially if you install an extension so you don't have to even reach down to release. You can do it flat on your back when you can't even breathe.

Another note. When you're up to your buttocks in alligators off-piste where it's so steep you don't dare bend over-the Intecs are literally a life saver.

They work just fine for me in the Heads with the built-in "T-Nuts". I've heard of people having trouble getting the screws out of the built in ones sometimes so you might want to replace them.

The problem with the stock "nuts" on the Heads is that over time they loosen up and then start spinning. You can't tighten the screws and and you can loosen them either -- a major PITA! There's a picture of the "nuts" in the Head section here.

1) Take the stock heels off

2) Thread an old screw partway in from the heel (outside) side

3) Use a hammer and hit the screw head to pound the nuts out -- do not reuse the screw after you're done wailing on it

4) Remove original nuts

5) Seat the T-nuts (supplied with Intec heels) with a dowel/piece of wood and a rubber mallet/hammer -- make sure the teeth of the T-nuts are fully seated

6) Use screws supplied with Intec heels and tighten securely -- BTW the screws are actually pozidriv, so you should be using a pozidriv screwdriver (see Pozidriv section here)

There should be *NO* play between the heel and boot.