Note to New Members ×

Bordy... Help me out.

Rob Stevens

unless it's different this year the c60 is softer compared to the 900

the 900 is a rigid bastard, probably as supportive as I've been on other than the original catek FR pro

that does not translate to better though

I am very partial to burton bindings when appropriate

if I want light I go burton

Other than trying to find used pairs of C14 - 16 - Pre 06 60's on the electroweb, which has been tough, I am going to order the 900's.

The Cateks look a bit much and despite the cutaway heel on the Phiokkas which is a good idea, those look over the top, too.

Thanks for the words... I'll take my chances with the greater stiffness. Maybe I'll pad the highback a bit more to cut down on some harshness.

Other than trying to find used pairs of C14 - 16 - Pre 06 60's on the electroweb, which has been tough, I am going to order the 900's.

The Cateks look a bit much and despite the cutaway heel on the Phiokkas which is a good idea, those look over the top, too.

Thanks for the words... I'll take my chances with the greater stiffness. Maybe I'll pad the highback a bit more to cut down on some harshness.

if you think the stiffness will be a issue at all just find some 800s, I like the 800s just as much they are a little softer.

Thanks for that link Neil.

They're not really on it over there at Nidecker. Their text describing the features of it are pretty confusing. they talk about "Base" and go on to list features of the highback, when "Highback" has a column of its own. The part I'm missing is if the baseplate is carbon too.

It looks more like plastic in the picture.

Does the 900 have a carbon baseplate? I don't see it in their list of soft binders... Has it been replaced by this Act 1 model?