Note to New Members ×

SNOW SUMMIT JANUARY 1st 2008

carvingchef

carving chef, I am planning on going New Year's day. I think there are a few others that are planing on going also but I will let them speak for themselves. The carvers usually take a few runs down Miracle Mile and then after that gets chopped up we will head over to Chair 7. Keep an eye out for the trenches!!

Just talked with ovr. We plan on meeting at 6:30 in the Burger King parking lot by Wall Mart at the bottom of Hwy 330. He tells me that Gdboytyler has plans to be up at Summit for the 1st too. Looks good for a gathering :biggthump.

See you all up the hill!

It looks like everybody had a great time, I think we should turn this into an annual event, next January first we can have our own official annual

"NEW YEAR'S DAY SSES" Snow Summit Espression Session

who knows, maybe in a few years we'll have 20 or 30 carvers showing up and by then I'll be good too.

what do you guys think? :rolleyes:

...I think we should turn this into an annual event, next January first we can have our own official annual

"NEW YEAR'S DAY SSES" Snow Summit Espression Session...

I've snowboarded on New Years Day, 4 out of the past 5 years. I missed January 1, 2007 because I was at the Rose Bowl watching USC embarrass UofM.

I'll commit for January 1, 2009 :biggthump

Erwin

Count me in for 2009 also. We could call the session: SoCal area Snow Summit Expression Session or SoCal A.S.S.E.S. I think it is original, how bout you other SoCal riders?? Yeah, I know it's stupid but I woke up at 5:15 this morning to check the snow report and all it seems to be is f*kin rain. Now I am pissed at living in SoCal, not two weeks ago I was riding in CO with perfect snow conditions and temps of minus 20 degrees.

Why can't SoCal have a decent snow shower to start off the storms instead of raining first. The only saving grace to this storm is it is supposed to begin snowing later today and continue into Sunday.

Now I am pissed at living in SoCal, not two weeks ago I was riding in CO with perfect snow conditions and temps of minus 20 degrees.

Aaron,

it was windy and snowy at lovey today, with temps in the low 30's. snow was good

mario

I am glad to see that a few carvers are already committed to be at Snow Summit on new year's day 2009

I like Aaron's idea of being SoCal A.S.S.E.S.

reading that got me thinking and this is what I came up with

A.S.S.E.S. Alpine Snowboarding Session Espression Showdown

we can be SoCal A.S.S.E.S. or Snow Summit A.S.S.E.S.

in fact it doesn't matter where we are or where we go

we can be A.S.S.E.S. anywhere there is snow

what do you think? you can decide I'm just a rookie anyway