Note to New Members ×

Need help finding the right board

cafercr35

I have been carving for 10 years now.

My quiver includes

Oxygen 157

Prime 160

Alp 163 - favorite POW

F2 Silberpfeil 168 - favorite all mountain(bumps & trees)

F2 Speedster RS 173 - favorite go fast

volant GS173 - metal top sheet - favorite overall ripper

Donek 185 FC - favorite big mountain

I am looking for a board that will turn as tight as, and hook up as well as the volant. AND NOT AS HEAVY!!!! This is my second season on this particular volant....the first one I owned split on the 3rd season.

Can any one give any suggestions. Especially if you have ridden the volant.

Thanks Joe

Prior WCR metal, light and damp

if you got one in a smaller size just make sure you check with Dean @ prior if the particular model can handle your weight, if not they can add some stiffness if you order one.

Might want to look at the kesslers too......

How much do you weight and how big are your feet? Get a Madd 170 if you're less than 190lbs. and have feet smaller than 28.5. Or actually, they make a 21cm wide version now, so foot size shouldn't be a big issue.

the Madd 170 is a incredible board!

What's up cafe?

I have 2 Madd 170's. I'll be selling one some time in the future but not just yet. If you'd like to take one for a spin I'd be happy to bring it by the Creek one day.

I've owned and destroyed the metal 173 Aggression (same as Volant) and while I loved the ride of the Aggression, the Madd 170 and 158 deliver more fun to me than any other board I've ridden so far. I demoed a Prior titanal and while I definitely can see what all of the fuss is about over metal boards - the Madds were still more fun for me.

What's up cafe?

I have 2 Madd 170's. I'll be selling one some time in the future but not just yet. If you'd like to take one for a spin I'd be happy to bring it by the Creek one day.

I've owned and destroyed the metal 173 Aggression (same as Volant) and while I loved the ride of the Aggression, the Madd 170 and 158 deliver more fun to me than any other board I've ridden so far. I demoed a Prior titanal and while I definitely can see what all of the fuss is about over metal boards - the Madds were still more fun for me.

Erik - You are the man. I would like to give one a test ride. I am off all week. Been meaning to ride over at South. Give me a day and I'll be there. I actually have my eye on the pogo...rode one last year....thinkin maybe sell a couple boards and I can justify 1200 to the wife. If that 170 works out, well I'll be calling Madd Mike. Thanks for the offer. Talk soon. Joe

I rode a Volant 173 for about 5 seasons with no issues. It was still in good condition when I sold it. I have not, as yet, found a board that is as torsionally stiff as the Volant. I believe that is why it was so good in bad conditions. I've had (and have) boards that are more fun in good conditions but, none that work as well when the conditions get ugly. That being said, I've owned a couple of Madds and don't think you would go wrong with a 170 matched to your weight.