Note to New Members ×

John Gilmour is in Aspen- for coaching

John Gilmour

The Dreamliner wing shape is really what drives me to want to know this plane.. I'll give you a ring.

The snow is perfect right now. Sunny all week- could be the best carving week. Fast grippy hero snow- good for making symmetrical full circles and still have some exit speed to make it look good- no tail bending required.

A lot better than last week as Aspen seemed to not groom Jan 3rd and 4th at all.

________

HEALTH SHOP

• 3 years later...

Thanks I appreciate that, I just had a relationship that collapsed and ended up with me worse off than when I started. The Only bright light in coming to CA was riding and meeting the SoCal guys and gals.

I really enjoyed riding with the SoCal posse and was happy to see everyone have so much fun and progress. I wish we could have gone onto the second stage for packed powder layouts... but you have enough to work on for a season on your own if you like.

I can get you cheap flights LAX to Grand Junction ($40- 140 each way) about 2.2 hrs from Aspen ...should you guys ever want to come ride perfect snow all day long. . I mentioned to K-star I could get you a deal on a RV (My friend is the daughter to the owners of Cruiseamerica.com) to caravan out here.

I will be back for the tail end of SoCal season as I have a job there as a loudspeaker distributor. Territory is Malibu to San Diego.

The other option... Thumper can fly fighter aircraft ...so he likely can fly anything... You might be able to find and affordable day rental out of Santa Monica or another small airport. I used to pay $70 a day for single prop rentals. I also know people at the Aspen Private airport- who knows we might be able to arrange a cheap day trip. Buttermilk is a 4 minute free bus ride (on every :05 and :35 of the hour) from the Airport. You don't need to bring gear as we have great hard boot rental setups there (keeps your payload weight low).

Here's a wild ride...made for the cold too!

http://www.ellejet.com/very-light-jets/citation-mustang.php

But realistically there is likely an airport not far from LAX that is cheap enough to rent a twin prop plane for a reasonable price. If split 5-6 ways. Maybe $200 each with fuel rental and discounted landing fees.

Lance- you'll have to update your youtube links with your new riding style. I watch these things y'know.

• 3 weeks later...
Martin sent out an email this fall saying he won't be in the U.S. this year due to immigration hassles. Too bad. Homeland Security keeping the good apples out as well as the bad.

Just so you know...I'm back permanently, teaching at Park City. I taught 800hrs two years ago and 650hrs last season.( I took some time out for USASA.)

Funny enough I'm currently teaching Alpine to a woman who found me through the Instructor page here...Thank you Bomber!

• 2 weeks later...