Note to New Members ×

training availibility??? - GTA

canuckcarver

I am always looking to improve as well. I would gladly pay for a few privates if I could find someone qualified. You call the ski/snowboard schools and they answer you with a "What, oh ya, I think one of our guys rides one of those". Not instilling much confidence.

D. :biggthump

I met Jeff Cooper (crave2carve) at Blue yesterday, he expressed an interest in training. As a CASI member he may be interested. He is inspiring to ride with, great skill level and brings the spark and agility of an 18 yr old to the hill. I'm interested as long as the timing fits a 5x7 pass.

for me it doesnt really matter about time. ill pay if i have too. i just dont want to break my knee. i fell pretty akwardly the other day. i was all contorted and the nose grabbed and i twisted the other way giving me a sharp pain just on the inside of my rear knee. i think its beacuse im not to confident with transitions form toe-heel and visa versa. ill contact jeff he sent me an email so, ill hope for the best:biggthump :biggthump

• 3 weeks later...

Mont-Cascades... its in gatineau but its only a four hour drive ... there's an instructor that used to work there ??? Well come to think of it I don't know if he still does but they will have his number at least. (I moved to kelowna ... used to work there) His name is Mario and he has a buddy who's name I can't remember that was real good too. Anyways, i know it's quite a drive but Mario's the only one I've seen on a carving board flying down backwards without augering the ass end of his board in. He must be on here somewhere too ....

I might be able to set something up through AOS. I was thinking of a night-time session at Horseshoe. I'd like to do a series of training sessions instead of just a one-off.

Let's say 3-4 weeks in January-February on the same night for consecutive weeks. If I get enough interest, I can organize something.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest brian_cravin_carvin

If you are still following this thread and looking for carving instruction, let me know. I teach only carving at the Mansfield Ski Club. I am also registered with the good people at YYZCanuck.

Brian

• 4 weeks later...