Note to New Members ×

Clicked in for the first time last night

Bobby Buggs

For my first day I took out a board I've never ridden before. I was kind of scared of the board cause it's a much shorter scr than anything I've ridden before, so I was afraid I'd end up hooking it or something.. I was almost brushing my hips on the first run... It was freakin awesome!

I actually get a bit nervous the first chair of the first run. I look at other people riding and try to visualize how I will do that and I hit a mental block and for a second or two it seems like I had never ridden before and can't "think" of how I will turn and stop...kind of feels like a mental version of getting the wind knocked out of you. You know you can breathe and are ok but you just can't breathe.

Once I unload, and strap in my muscles take over and things are fine till about half way down my mind catches up and "reloads". After that I'm good to go. Same thing if I've been not riding for a few weeks (3-4wks). Wierd but like clockwork it happens every year...going on 17 yrs now.

This year is gonna be worse. First time riding in MT and first time out for the year. I'll be at Bridger just after Christmas. Woo hoo.

J

After the first two crashes of the season it's all good.

HA! My what...2nd run...WCR 185 at a mountain that's a little too small for such...I was shifting from heel to toe, standing almost upright but made some mistake...no idea what...and the board kept going "left"...I had to actually pick up the nose and force it to the right. Had the toe edge caught right then I'd likely have STACKED hard.

I put that board away and got out the AM. Smart move probably.

Yeah I can go along with you guys!!!!! LOL

After the first time of the season you drop your but back instead of moving your hips down the hill and "boot" out a heel side turn It starts to come back fast. I tell my staff that if you arn't working up a sweat you arn't working the board. Furthermore if you arn't taking a dump now and then (twiice a day is cool) you arn't expanding your envelopa and developing as a rider.

THen I tell them if I can dump twice a day at age 56 in my 42nd season with a bad back bad hip and bad ankle what's your excuse.

Chase