Note to New Members ×

Q: Determining T-hawk Construction?

wavechaser

On mine you can see the titanal layer just below the topsheet.

I've never seen a titanal board with cap construction, but that doesn't mean there is not one out there somwhere.

Thanks Steven - good to hear from you...nice winter we're having, eh? Hope to see you at a race somewhere this winter.

-Rick

once again, you talk smack but you don't know

Most of the t-hawks I've seen have only one set of inserts that were placed as per the riders stance width.

Wavechaser, from what I understand is with titanal you use a press instead of a vacuum bag because you have to get more pressure on it to make it bond or something.

Caps are made with a vacuum.....

so probably not a metal board if it's capped I'd wager

right, the thing is that it's perfect if the board was built for you, the :( you had in there implied that there was something wrong with the board or something

the fact is that if the board was built for you, you will get a board that the stance width is literally tailored to you

Wavechaser, from what I understand is with titanal you use a press instead of a vacuum bag because you have to get more pressure on it to make it bond or something.

That makes sense. I've gone ahead and emailed someone who will know for sure...like I should have anyway. :)

right, the thing is that it's perfect if the board was built for you, the :( you had in there implied that there was something wrong with the board or something

the fact is that if the board was built for you, you will get a board that the stance width is literally tailored to you

I was impling that IF its the same board wave chaser is talking about, I was disapointed that the stance wasnt wider. Its called an opinion.

I have not ridden the Metal tommy SL stick so I have no point of referance.

I have heard some of the steamboat kids say the same. I like metal in everything.

Including SL sticks. Most USSA athletes have gone to metal SL sticks. In the past year or so. Only a few T-hawks out there mostly Kesslers, SG an F2 SL sticks.

The SG SL board rips with metal so do the custom Kesslers.

gecko,

do you know who's selling this board? It's in your neck of the woods.

Lots of good info here on a rippin board. Same guy I got my Coiler EX from has that board, mighty enticing when he spoke of selling it.

I say....CAGE match with db and bobdea, sorry rick. :p couldn't resist

I believe cap construction can also be done with a machined top casette in a pnuematic or hydrolic press, or with an autoclave. I've seen a video but can't find it online at the moment. I think there was a link to it on the Graf Snowboards forum a while back. As to whether titanal can be done with cap, I havn't a clue, but I don't see why not.