Note to New Members ×

FS: Liberation PGS 178cm - $150

Mark.Andersen

Board is in perfect shape except for a few topsheet scratches on the tail. Race tune from Granite Chief in Truckee. Ridden three hours. Too much board for me.

I'll take offers starting at $150, but I know the board is worth much more than that so here's the catch. All proceeds will be donated to charity. (Himalyan Cataract Project http://www.cureblindness.org/) I'll send you the donation receipt so you know I'm not pulling your chain.

Don't be shy with your offers, as little as $18 will restore sight in one eye to a *very* thankful Nepalese person.

I've done this donation thing in the past and it works well.

http://www.bomberonline.com/VBulletin/showthread.php?t=8862

http://www.bomberonline.com/VBulletin/showthread.php?t=8847

andersen_m (at) yahoo (dot) com

tip 24.1cm

tail 23.5cm

waist 19.1cm

sidecut 14M

effective edge is 162.4cm

(TD2 2nd board kit not included)

eqrof7.jpg

It's plenty beefy for big guys. I am 185ish and needed alot of leg strength to flex it. Depending on your level of aggressiveness, its probably good up to 225lbs, maybe more.

I think it is a 2005 board, but it's been ridden a total of about 3 hours. Outside of some light marks on the topsheet behind the rear bindings, the board is pristine.

• 1 year later...

First a big thanks to all the people who have taken the time to offer their opinions about this board and my getting into carving, I really appreciate it.

Since I don't live in a demo zone part of the reason I'm going to get this board is that I want to know what "stiff" is... I have a line on a wider deck that I'm looking to get as well.

I guess what I'm saying is PM sent! :D

First a big thanks to all the people who have taken the time to offer their opinions about this board and my getting into carving, I really appreciate it.

Since I don't live in a demo zone part of the reason I'm going to get this board is that I want to know what "stiff" is... I have a line on a wider deck that I'm looking to get as well.

I guess what I'm saying is PM sent! :D

Lonbordin, let me know what you think as I had reserves since I am about 250. After research I still am unclear what will suit my size so will have to inquire to one of the board shops like Donek.

Another BOL members opinion who is supposedly ~250#s (~113 kg) about the board, "Very stiff old school, you need to pay attention or it will ride you. Lots o pop out of a turn, can be tightend up. I rode it nose heavy and it liked it. Not for the timid, but very rewarding ride. Hope the succint version helps."

I really can't wait to commit to that first turn. :D

• 3 weeks later...