Note to New Members ×

? for Mt. Tremblant regulars

FTA2R

Hi,

I have only a few hours to make a decision..was invited to a college-style trip to Tremblant during MLK weekend...price is right, and the focus is more partying than riding (for me, anyhow), but some good friends are going...seems some here definitely don't like Tremblant (I searched for previus posts), but i'd like to hear from locals or regulars only....

1. Will this mountain be ridiculously packed that weekend?

2. What are the trails like? Anything carve worthy?

3. anything else i should know?

I heard it would be a 13 hour bus ride from D.C. - yikes

Weekends are always crowded but it's a family destination mountain so the level of skiers/riders skews to green circle/blue square riders. If you stick to the black diamonds, especially on the north side, it can be eerily quiet. However, the problem at Tremblant is that all the runs funnel into a single run on both sides of the mountain (it's especially bad on the south). Chaos ensues.

The Soleil face is a lot of fun with big swooping rollers but it too can get very crowded and it's much narrower over there.

The best carving runs for me are the wide blues on the left side of the south face (as you're looking up). The runs are called Alpine, Nansen and Beauvallon. The problem again is a lot of families going real slow, gapers lying in the middle of runs, etc.

Despite my hate for the terrain there, Tremblant can be a fun place for a group, especially college age. During the day, hang in the North Lodge. Way less crowded than the south side. Apres ski, Le Shack is the place to be with its big patio. At night, Le P'tit Caribou is the bar of choice. It really gets crowded fast so don't wait all night to get in there.

The Monday should be quiet since it's not a holiday in Canada. Go for it. They'll be so desperate for Americans this year, you'll be welcomed with open arms.

Guest marksinger

tremblant is worth hitting up. ill try not to give away too many of my secrets, but stick to the north side particularly in the morning, i like to do a couple of duncan's to warm up, then maybe a devil's river or geant. youll love la griffe off the expo chair, and if youre an uber aggressive rider (and if its groomed) you can tackle expo. on the south side stick with the tgv chair, the flying mile and gondola are always packed, kandahar has an aggressive pitch to it, or if youre feeling gutsy cut over towards grandprix and then down zig zag or vertige, narrow and steep, but fun as hell if you're up for it. if you do find your way over to the flying mile chair, ligne de pente or flying mile is a good run, the tremblant and quebec race teams set up gates there alot. but as was posted, it can get uber busy on the weekends.

Same as Ernie said... Tremblant is a nice place to visit and party with friends. College age group will probably have a terrific time over there.

As for riding..... well, it's really up to you. Here are your 2 choices:

1- Don't party at nights, go to bed early and wake up early to hit the slopes. Then go partying all afternoon !!!

2- Party like hell during nights, days and evenings and leave your board in the hotel room !

3- Yeah I changed my mind.. here's the 3rd choice: Take a ride to Mont-Blanc, 10-15 minutes from Tremblant. Family mountain, nice wide slopes, cheap tickets when compared to Tremblant.