Note to New Members ×

Funniest thing you've seen on the hill?

Corey

I was riding down a cat track at Whistler on my freeride board when I had to swerve off of the track to avoid an approaching snowmobile. I was concentrating on keeping my speed up because we all know how much it sucks to have to skate your snowboard on the flats.

Off I go into the trees, up to my waist in powder. I struggle to get the board off of my feet, then without thinking, toss it over the berm onto the cat track.

The board lands base down and proceeds to accelerate down the track by itself- 250 meters later it stops by going over another berm.

I guess the cat track wasn't as flat as I thought. My ski buddies still get huge mileage off of that story.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yesterday I was in the singles line on my Oxygen Proton.

As I load the chair, I notice that the family I am loading with consists of two girls about 7 and 9 and their obviously first time snowboarding mother.

I ask the mom, "Excuse me, is this your first time snowboarding?"

"Why yes" she says, "How on earth would you know that? you haven't even seen me ride yet"

"I thought it might be", I reply. "And by the way - is your head a little stiff and sore?"

"Now that you mention it, it is..."

"Hmmmmm. It might have something to do with the fact that your helmet is on backwards."

Silence until we unload.:eplus2:

Yesterday I was in the singles line on my Oxygen Proton.

As I load the chair, I notice that the family I am loading with consists of two girls about 7 and 9 and their obviously first time snowboarding mother.

I ask the mom, "Excuse me, is this your first time snowboarding?"

"Why yes" she says, "How on earth would you know that? you haven't even seen my ride yet"

"I thought it might be", I reply. "And by the way - is your head a little stiff and sore?"

"Now that you mention it, it is..."

"Hmmmmm. It might have something to do with the fact that your helmet is on backwards."

Silence until we unload.:eplus2:

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

back in my ski days - I came up to the side of a lift pole (which had a protective pad attached to it) - there was a nice kicker so I was setting up for a helicopter...I went for a pole plant to help get me off the ground....I misjudged and the pole stuck the pad instead of the kicker and the handle of the pole shot me directly in the center of the forehead......stopped me in my tracks and straight to my back - wow was i flattened - didn't even know what hit me until I looked up to find the ski pole still stuck perpendicular in pad.....luckily my only injury was the bump on my forehead and a big dent in my pride......I wish I had the view from the peeps on the lift.

I was riding at Vail once, on my way to Ouzo in Game Creek Bowl, when I discovered that I was dragging about 15 feet of rope from my rear boot, with sign attached. I'm not sure how long it was there, and don't remember picking it up. I can't remember what the sign said, but I don't think it was a boundary or closed sign. Nevertheless, I'm glad I noticed it before a patroller spotted me.