Note to New Members ×

How Many Hardbooters do you usually see on the mountain?

queequeg

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bryan, if you activate the website I will put in the info since I started asking about a session at Lookout a couple of weeks ago and already have permission to pursue this.I will just need to provide a written proposal with itinerary, etc and we'll be good to go.I'm thinking early Feb about 10-14 days after the Big Mountain session(which my sis and and I and maybe even my wife plan to attend) but before Presidents weekend.I am open to suggestions for other dates.Earlier than that and we'll have to get moving quickly on organization,which I am willing to do.Inland Northwest people let me know what you think.

At Loveland we have a regular crew showing up that consists of DT, Shelly, Big Mario, BPC, Jeff, Bob and myself with others like Bola, Oldacura, Thor, Bluebird, Snowman dropping in on occasion. This of course is when the conditions warrant HB setups. One early season day we had 11 riding HB for a day of fun runs.

Ink

I usually am riding with one nowadays (Dave or Paragon), but usually also spot at least one anonymous carver every time im out.

here, here

i tell ya, almost everytime, theres one mysterious carver there, and we never seem to catch up with him. some sort of mountain ghost i suppose :D whatever the case, its always wierd to see another hardboot setup when you expect to be the only one riding one

yeah, dont forget to talk to the mystery riders if you can... they can be very helpful (or you can be helpful if theyre a "lost carver"). I just recently got 30 bomber "this is hardbooting" cards (i thought the transaction didnt go through, but it turns out that was because the cost was $0 so i wound up ordering it 3 times:p ) so i'll be handing those out to would-be carvers left right and sideways. I wrote the ECES dates and location on them as well.

That was probably John Barker from Hill,NH He was assist director when I was Ski Wee supervisor at King Ridge then he went to Ragged and I went to Sunapee. 2 years later when I switched to hard boots I joined him at Ragged.

We taught there for many years toghether.

I took one of my first lessons about six years ago from a hardbooter at Ragged. I was scared to death but determined to learn...it was a good lesson. Now my son is a racer and I'm trying to work up to hardboots. If you're out there, whoever you were...thanks!