Note to New Members ×

boot fitting

canuckcarver

my boots are a mondo 30 due to wide feet but my foot is only around a 28 or so in length. So i got lots of real estate in there.

now my question is, would wearing a boot to large affect the abiltity to turn or get a pain in the knee? keep in mind there is no heel lift or over hang on toe or heel and i dont move around in the boot.

-marco

do you have thermo liners in these boots? You may find as they pack out (and they will) over time that the fit of your boot gets sloppy. If it's possible, I would consider smaller boots and going to a boot fitter to get the shell punched out to accomodate your wide foot. It is amazing what boot fitting can accomplish with a good foot bed and a heat gun. I usually wear a size 10 street shoe and my boots are size 26 (that's an eight I think).

Get them checked in and around TO. There are a few good shops around that could check out your options for you before you go and sell them.

Check in with Chris Hougton (sp?) on this board. He's down by Highway 7 in the west and may be able to provide some advice on where to go.

From my memory, I'd recommend Senegal's in Newmarket/Aurora, but there may be better ones out there.

Good luck,

Gord