Note to New Members ×

Intec's and 125's

SnoBear

So a quick question about setting up my new Intec heels. I have a pair of Raichle 125's, the directions indicate that I need to set t-nuts into the boot to accept the screws that came with the Intec's. I am mechanically inclined, but I am hesitant to mess around with setting the t-nuts when the original screws from the original heels seem to anchor the heels well. I don't want to mess around with safety, so any and all advice on mounting the Intec's would be appreciated!:D

I don't know your specific model of boot, but are the T-nut's already installed in your boots? I ask because plain heel piece screws are usually larger than intec screws and do not fit into Intec heels.

Regarless, you MUST T-nut the heels. You'll rip the heels right out of the boot if you do not have a set already installed.

So a quick question about setting up my new Intec heels. I have a pair of Raichle 125's, the directions indicate that I need to set t-nuts into the boot to accept the screws that came with the Intec's. I am mechanically inclined, but I am hesitant to mess around with setting the t-nuts when the original screws from the original heels seem to anchor the heels well. I don't want to mess around with safety, so any and all advice on mounting the Intec's would be appreciated!:D

I have a pair of heads, so YMMV but - last year I tried getting away with the standard insert nuts in my boots (which do not have teeth like those supplied with the intec heels) and they seemed to stay in place just fine -- but after not too many days of riding they loosened up, making it difficult to tighten my heels up. I'd just go ahead and use the included t-nuts that came with the intec heels.