Note to New Members ×

WTB: Slalom board

D.T.

160 Addicted? Never ridden. $200.00 + ship.
I'm not a Burton fan, but the specs are intriguing. What year?

edit - Oh yea, is this the stiff or soft version? (I presume stiff based on your size)

It's stiff in my opinion compared to my other boards. I weigh about 250

Define stiff - what boards are you comparing it to? Have you ridden an RT163? If so, how would you compare? I weigh ~210lbs but like a board I can drive hard and get some feedback/response.

If you're interested, I have a Killer Loop 158. It was never ridden, and has cap construction. I have 3 friends that are riding the same board, and love the snap and flex. I prefer longer boards and longer sidecuts, so I'm willing to let this one go. Please e-mail me at mwtokar@verizon.net if you're interested, and I'll include photos, etc.

Think snow!!!

Mike

reply. I did not see that you had responded.

I'm pretty sure it's a 2005... It's the same as you see on Klug's website (klugriding.com). It's the black topsheet with the white lettering. Click on "snowboards" and it's the black one on the left with "R-17" on the black base in white.

I have lot's of boards Burners, Oxygens, Tomahawk, Priors, and comparing those it's pretty stiff. I'll be honest, I do not claim to be an expert.

I bought it new from the ex Burton Rep, who is no lightweight either, and he said it would be a killer board for rippin up the local hill.

I have not ridden an RT so I can't comment there. Let me know if you need some more info. What kind of bindings do you ride? Thanks.

Kurt

160cm Hot Blast

24.7/19.4/24.5

9.7m SCR

That should be an excellent SL board. They turn fast and hold well in most conditions.

I have a 162 hot shine I've been riding for years and its my favorite board. I also picked up a 162 Hot special (almost the same board). I plan on riding them for many years. I ride these boards a lot in the powder (2-10") too, and really like them there also. I'm 170#.

160cm Hot Blast

24.7/19.4/24.5

9.7m SCR

You've seen it. Its the yellow and red one from Bola's.

It's still in plastic. He brought it back from France a while ago.

That green thing on my feet in my avatar, is a 2004 Hot Blast 160...great on the soft stuff, not as much on ice, especially if you are under 200lbs. Rides like a skateboard on the groom!