Note to New Members ×

Board graphics

Skalpel

Hello all!

It's sort of a dream of mine, to one day buy a Donek board and when I do, I want to have costume graphics on it... To personelize it, i guess :). I'll probably buy me one in the next two years (I'm not really loaded with money and I have a good bord at the moment (goltes ProRace 180)). Impatient as I am, I'm already playing in photoshop, trying out some ideas. The people at Donek were kind enough to send me a tamplate of a 175 freecarve model (i think), so that's what I'm working on.

I just wanted to show my first two ideas... Not really finished, but (in mine opinion) nice. I like my board to be relatively simple (some small additional detalis would not hurt , though)...

Here they are...

Sun

Green snake

(yeah I know... but I like the shiny green and black combination... :))

I hope there isnt a problem with me using a Donek logo. If there is, please tell me and I'll remove the picture immediately.

If any of you have costume graphics I'd really like to see them. Pics welcome. (I will not steal ideas, I promise :))

Cheers!

i have 3 custom graphics from Donek- Sean did an excellent job.

as far as i know, you should be using Illustrator, which is a vector program, vs. photoshop, which is bitmap. also, i was told that i could not have graphics too close to the edge, and you cannot have them overly complicated. I imported 2 actual pictures and tweaked them, and they came out great. they are all black, the board is metallic silver.

Guest GQuentin

Both are sweet. I think I like the sun a little more though. Maybe you can keep the sun on the top sheet, and put an eclipse on the base. I just received my Donek Axxess last week and love it. Sean and the guys at Donek are incredible. Both the quality of the board and customer service are impeccable. I went with the olympic core and can't wait to ride it. If your not sure what board to go with, call Sean and he will steer you in the right direction. I went with the blue metallic top sheet and the 20th anniversary base. She's a beaut. Bottom line; you won't go wrong with a Donek.

Thanks for all the suggestion. :)

I know I know that the graphics are supposed to be made in a vector program. It's just that I dont know how to use those programs... And anyway, I'm still just playing with the ideas... And growing impatient as I wait for my first carwing day this season... :)