Note to New Members ×

wondering about a few choice resorts......

paragonUE

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

don't know what to make of that statement, except that you would support selling it off ( privatization - such as "Welcome to the Taco Bell Grand Canyon" or "Domino's Yosemite Experience" or "Allstate Lake Tahoe Ski Area" ) if not please explain.?????????????

I would support keeping it completely undeveloped wilderness.

I opened up the latest issue of Transworld Snowboarding today. On the inside front cover is a HUGE fold-out Burton ad that offers $5000 for the best videography of a person or crew poaching "the last four resorts in North America that don't allow snowboarding".

In the same issue is a nice full page blurb on the latest Prior splitboard. Subtle hint?

This should be interesting.

Which is nice, but id rather it belong to none of us.

Quote:

Originally Posted by carvedog

don't know what to make of that statement, except that you would support selling it off ( privatization - such as "Welcome to the Taco Bell Grand Canyon" or "Domino's Yosemite Experience" or "Allstate Lake Tahoe Ski Area" ) if not please explain.?????????????

I would support keeping it completely undeveloped wilderness.

I think we (me?) got a little confused. Seems to be with the understanding of the word belong. I don't see belong as being the one way street of ownership as in personal property or chattel, but rather that I belong to the land as much as the land belongs to me. More like some sort of co-operative stewardship than materially. The forest service mucks around in there a bit and tries to "manage" the land, much to the detriment of the forest usually.

It's too far away for me to fight over acces to MRG, but Alta and Deer Valley are definitely in my back yard so feel more real. I would like to get excited about Taos because I really like the name, but in reality it's too far as well, too south and I don't ever get to travel anymore it seems.

I opened up the latest issue of Transworld Snowboarding today. On the inside front cover is a HUGE fold-out Burton ad that offers $5000 for the best videography of a person or crew poaching "the last four resorts in North America that don't allow snowboarding".

In the same issue is a nice full page blurb on the latest Prior splitboard. Subtle hint?

Wow. Jake does something redeeming.

sounds great to me:biggthump lets show those skiers what kind of backcountry experience it takes to make it around here:eplus2:

I would take it to mean 'not used up and spit out' like most motorsports/logging accessable land/ecosystems become.

that sounds like useless. I advocate keeping land maintained and accessible to those that "own" the land. Wilderness is wasteful. Land abuse is wasteful. Forests can be maintained, used by all and kept healthy. No need to close the forest

I have a feeling I should not talk about this type of issue next time we ride.(I know I know;on a ski resort on public land.I think we have enough of them and I'll leave it at that)

I can't wait for your next trip out. I enjoy discussions. On this same subject, one of my best friends and I disagree hugely. In the end, I think we all want the same thing, we just have different ways of getting there.

See you in a few weeks :biggthump