Note to New Members ×

Quoting?

eaglez

Hey, some people on this forum put a quote from another post inside their reply post. Then they reply to that particular quote. Then put another quote and reply to that one, all inside the same reply post. How do you do that? I think I have seen D-Sub and bobdea do it. I would think it is simple.

Thanx D. :biggthump

Actually you don't even need to hit that button or put what they said in there. All you need to do

is use the open quote
and close quote lines. You can quote anybody or nobody. You should notice the line when you hit the quote button, they start with [ and end with ].
That's how
people embed
text inside
somebody elses quote.

It's not that hard really...

That's what she said!

but really, it's just a little bit of HTML code. To begin the quote type [quote name=' (user) } but instead of } use the close bracket. To end the quote' date=' type [/quote}, but again, a close bracket instead of }.

That's only needed if you're trying to quore someone like...yer mom, or a few weeks ago I wanted to put the user agreement from the back of a lift pass into quotes so it was

Blah blah blah [/quote}

Looks like you've got the hang of using the quote button so you don't need help there.