Note to New Members ×

UPZ RTR Black vs. DEELUXE AF 700

mihi

Hello!

My Burton boots are done, so I have to buy new boots and I throw an eye on those two:

http://www.upzboots.com/boots.html

http://www.deeluxe-hardboots.com/

I never ride or try Raichle or Deeluxe or UPZ, so i dont know anything about them.

Can someone compare those two shoes. Stiffnes, how warm are the liners, lifespan,.........

Thanks, Mihi

Maybe you're lucky and Klug Riding has your size in stock? https://www.klugriding.com/boots-3c.html

-----------

edited to add:

Sorry, I should have looked before posting. Looks like Klug is pretty much out of boots, too bad. I have Raichle AF700s, but don't have anything to compare them to as they were my first hard boots. With a thermo liner in, I've been happy with them, and no complaints about durability either.

I've done a bit of boot shopping this fall. At a glance, here's my take on the major differences.

UPZ (black):

Five metal buckles

shorter sole length

more adjustability in flex/cant/lean

AF 700:

Bomber has parts

less expensive

I found the overall flex to be very similar (stiff). With a BTS kit in the AFs, you could dial the flex like the UPZ but you will never have a walk mode with the AF. UPZs are extremely difficult to get in and out of. Either will be more durable than Burton boots.

EDIT: I later looked at the sites you have posted in your thread. The Deelux link points to the Track700 instead of the AF700 that you listed in the title. In this case, the main difference is the Track (white) is much softer in flex than the UPZ (black).

Dear Me High,

If the Burtons fit your foot, you'll probably prefer the Deeluxe. UPZ tend to fit wider. Burtons are narrow.

I have a narrow foot and all the Burtons I rode (and distroyed) fit pretty well without a custom fit. The switch to Raichle was easy in terms of fit (28.5)... but had to get used to a stiffer boot when I went from a Burton Wind to a AF600. I found a 28 in the UPZ to fit pretty well without anything custom in the liner and the red ones to be near the same flex as the AF600.

My opinion only... Burton Fire is comparable to UPZ orange... black is stiffer. The new Raichle AF is too soft (I'm 210lbs). A width issue can be easily solved with a custom fit.

(Sorry if this horse is dead and I'm still kicking)

I had Raichle AF700s, but decided to change shells after 3 seasons or so and I've got Head Stratos Pros now...It may have been the best change for my riding that I've made. With the AF700s, your feet were ON the board. No slop whatsoever. After my first run on the Heads, I discovered a whole new level of dampness that I had never experienced before.

Thought I'd throw another choice into the ring.

DEELUXE thermoflex liners with Burton shell?????

Considering that my Burton shells are still in good codition and i can get a lot of parts for it except liners, which are totaly done, i thought to buy Deeluxe thermoflex liners.

Do you think it is compatible? Has anibody tri something like that?

Thanks again!

Mihi

Considering that my Burton shells are still in good codition and i can get a lot of parts for it except liners, which are totaly done, i thought to buy Deeluxe thermoflex liners.

Thanks again!

Mihi

I have a pair of 25 Thermoflex liners (I think, molded once) that I'll sell for cheap (like $50) if you need them.

Thanks again!

Mihi

I use the Thermoflexes in my Burton Fires & Winds and they are so much better than the stock liners. Rob