Note to New Members ×

Intec vs Standard

John E

The Intecs I own are Raichle X Bone Carbons. I also have an old set of Catek World Cup Series 1P. Someone (?) once told me that I should be concerned about the Raichles (plastic) breaking. I have never seen another set of these bindings on the hill. As a novice carver and 155 lbs, should I be concerned?

Standard Raichle X bones were recoemmended for riders up to 180 pounds and the carbon version for riders over that range. You are fine riding the carbon. I rode a set for four years at 200 pounds including bumps.

They have been known to break but the main cause is from tightnening the center pin to tight and compressing the carbon versus breaking from use.

Hope that helps

I really like my intecs. I am 230lbs and 6'4, I put a lot of pressure on the bindings. I moded the release with some nylon webbing and some fastex buckles that clip into the top of the release handle and extended it up to my hip so I don't have to bend over to release my rear foot. I just tug on the webbing at my hip and pop out I come.

I do carry the Catek retro kit to revert to bails if anything breaks while I am at the hill. If I lose a foot, I would be nervous to return to intecs for the rest of the day.

They(intec) makes sense to anyone who works on the mountain as you are constantly in and out of your bindings. It sure makes it easy when running ski patrol toboggans.