Note to New Members ×

help shipping snowboard

dragonrider

Just shipped one using D's instructions. Funny the USPS would not insur it w/o some sort of "INSULATION"but it shipped great just the same. Thanks fellas!

As is common with dealing with humans, that sort of thing is completely up to the person you deal with.

fact of the matter is I didn't address insurance requirements in shipping. I know FedEx and UPS require 2" per side as far as padding goes, and will not insure anything not adequately padded, BUT with a long, thin package such as a snowboard the handling will automatically be more gentle simply due to the size/shape of the package.

something that should be addressed, though...padding that is.

I shipped a snowboard last week for the first time and these instructions were really helpful! It was harder than it looked though, maybe because I shipped it with some bindings or because the box was a teeny bit too wide, but I managed to do it and the board is long gone.

I shipped a snowboard last week for the first time and these instructions were really helpful! It was harder than it looked though, maybe because I shipped it with some bindings or because the box was a teeny bit too wide, but I managed to do it and the board is long gone.

Personally I'd take the bindings off if I were using my method and ship in a separate box. Yeah...it'll cost more, but the method I illustrated doesn't seem safe for that.

I assumed it was OK as I received the board last year packaged like that in good shape (in went across the country), so I packed it like I received. And I was a little paranoid so the cardboard is doubled up almost everywhere.

Yep, just received the board and it is indeed well packaged! Nice job Derf!! :biggthump THanks again....board looks awesome!