Note to New Members ×

"Performance Snowboarding"??

spaamport

Hey does anyone remember Performance Snowboarding? They were a mail-order snowboard company back in the mid-late 90's based out of Fairfield, CT. They sold a lot of stuff from west coast manufacturers like Avalanche, K2 and Gnu and that sort of thing.

They did windsurfing gear in the summer I think.

Anyway, I bought my first race board from them - a last year's model '95 Oxygen slalom asym 159 at a warehouse sale for $160 in '96. And I remember they always had UPZ boots in the back of the catalogue and the price kept going downa nd down every catalogue because they couldn't move them.

Did they go out of business? Does anyone know?

Wow. What a flashback. I think that's where I got my first real SB hardboots. Raichle 123s. Pretty sure I paid around $50 for them, as they dropped their price. Was it the same outfit as Performance Bike? I always assumed it was. I think I bought those boots around 1994 or '95? I also seem to recall ordering stuff from them online, off the web (which was pretty unusual in 1995).

You know, I always figured they were the same as Performance Bike, but I don't think they were.

But I could have sworn the logo was the same and the catalogue layout was kinda the same. But Performance Bike is out of NC and is still in business. I haven't heard anything about Performance Snowboarding in YEARS.

I bought my first hardboot set up from them in '94. They had more snowboards than all the other shops in the area combined. They also put out a magazine for awhile.

The shop lasted maybe 2-3 years or more and then became part of a small bicycle shop and then I never heard about them again.