Note to New Members ×

Virus infection

Dr D

It's always surprising to me how many people have never seen a professional window cleaner. Sure.. there's ladders, ropes, climbing gear, special tools and chemicals for specific applications (scratch/corrosion removal, ect.). Ever see a newly constructed house just before it's turned over to the owner? All that crap doesn't come off the glass by itself.

... and a good window cleaner can make more dough than a chiropractor! :lol:

I got a hunded days of riding in last season... what'd you get? :lol:

All excellent points! I only got 39 days in last year.

But it doesn't say window cleaner it says WIDOW cleaner:eek:

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Thor

because your profile says WIDOW not WINDOW, so just a slip of the board here....... so that's why people are curious about it, what you do with WIDOWS...... :lol: :lol: marry them and take their money of to buy all those snowboards......

Gotta love the English language... one letter and BAM! I'm hosed!

Can't get anything past you guys... besides you need to listen to what I mean... not what I say. :nono:

I seriously thought you were taking a friendly but sharp jab at me D. and I took one back... MY BAD! but I'm not going to delet it... that's good stuff! :lol:

...and yes the "n" was added a few milliseconds after I figured out what the hell was going on. Not the first time I've embarrassed myself.. wont be the last :D

mmmmm... foot good :freak3: :freak3: :freak3:

(BTW... I have no clue what a chiro makes... it's all I could come up with at short notice)

Guest Beisser

Hi

first of all I have to agree to the storys about how one gets infected: For years I was thinking: "Hey these boards look cool, but just looking cool isn't worth *whateverprice*". I tried some different Boards in the region of ~17cm width, then I discovered the "EC"-site and wanted to try a swoard. Doing that I realized, that small angles are not my business. I didn't come along with it. One year later, I tried (just for fun) a Black Death (still hearing me saying: Give me something long and narrow! :lol:) at the end of my first day that season. But then there was this feeling: I'm exhausted, my legs are just full of pain, but this damn thing still works fine and does more than I've ever expected. Small iceplanes on the October-Glacier: nothing just riding! :eek:

Ok: So decision made: I will call that guy, who is selling his BD that time, but before I arrived at home I got an SMS: "Hi, how are you... I'm so happy, I sold my BD!!!" :angryfire But he had a Cyborg to sell too, so now I have an Undertaker and a Cyborg :D

About the difference between Skwal and these thin Sticks: (I've never been on a Skwal so this is based on my impression, watching Skwalriders)

Usually you see "Skwalers" really working hard to get the transition from one edge to the other but during the Carve they have pure fun. With a narrow Snowboard the transition is quite easier when you're standing slightly angled with a higher stance, since you can make use of the tools and technics, that apply for Snowboarding and you get the benefits of a Skwal in the turns (if you like them)

On the other Hand, with angles >80° there is no drifting! :eplus2:

Cheers

Those aren't all my boards and the point was never to collect as many as I could. I set out last season to ride as many different boards as I could get my hands on so I would know for sure what works best for me. At the same time my friends have benefited... my quiver was (and still is) open to anyone who wants to test ride for their own education. Now that I have a better understanding of construction and performance... I am scaling back the quiver to include only my favorites. I was thinking originally I would like to end up with 6 or so boards once this all washed out... but now I see there is too much great stuff out there and too many categories to take it down that far. Categories for a solid quiver being (in my opinion): Pow, rock, carving, and all mountain. In a few weeks I will have the quiver to ten (plus one nonridable from memory lane) and plan on sitting there for a while. Some would say that's still a ridiculous amount of boards to have... some would not (if it's a girl questioning... ask her how many pairs of shoes she has). Believe me when I tell you, I have made sacrifices to run this "experiment" and will make more to keep the quiver I like... but oh what fun it is to ride!

Well said Stan! I was once told "You do not have to justify your toys". Makes sense to me. They are TOYS to start with! They are not food or water. They are by design things of pleasure and sport. Enjoy!

I feel you are one of the few that "Gets It" and has done the due diligence in getting there rapidly and effectively. Hats off!

PS, whats wrong with collecting? :biggthump:nono: :p :rolleyes: :smashfrea ;)

welcome, I'm witchyou, I enjoy the long thin boards and I've watched this thread wondering what a skewel rider did, feet @ 90 degrees and close togeather front to back, I was about to ask drd what it was like to ride a skewel and if he did it in softboots too, to get an idea, so you have given a good answer, it's the same carve, just an off balance transition, also it's not a virus, what's different about virus, it just keeps cutting into the turn, it doesn't let up, ever, and it loves ice

two undertakers

The sskwal isn't a difficult transition just a different one. Its more like skiing on one leg or slalom water skiing in the transition. when you are really ripping you can get way in the back seat and use the rebound of the tail to throw you through the transition very much like water skiing. Its only difficult if you bring to much snowboard to the equation. The narrow virus seems to be riding a thin line between the two.

I have ridden 17 and 18 cm boards with softies and had a lot of fun. Again its a different animal. I think on softer boards its great on a super stiff stick you will wear out your calves quickly. lots of work for the back leg pressuring a stiff board. I think a 17 cm board relatively soft with good stiff softies is a fabulous combonation. check out surf-rodz.com for the softie carving ideas

virus, it just keeps cutting into the turn, it doesn't let up, ever, and it loves ice

two undertakers

Ursle-

Two of the same design... but different material used in construction? Is that what we are looking at here? Does one ride a lot differently than the other? My objective has been to have several different designs... should I rethink that logic or are you just stoked because two is better than one? (I do understand the rarity of what you have there)

Ray-

The black one on the right is the one you were riding at SES last year.. correct? I remember seeing it leaning on the demo tent and having to scoop my jaw back out of the snow. As everyone else was just standing there starring at it, I couldn't resist picking it up and giving it a flex... you whipped around and gave me the evil eye like I had just taken your baby out of it's crib. :p I enjoyed very much watching you ride it. You must have something else very special to let it go.

Ray-

The black one on the right is the one you were riding at SES last year.. correct? I remember seeing it leaning on the demo tent and having to scoop my jaw back out of the snow. As everyone else was just standing there starring at it, I couldn't resist picking it up and giving it a flex... you whipped around and gave me the evil eye like I had just taken your baby out of it's crib. :p I enjoyed very much watching you ride it. You must have something else very special to let it go.

Yea, I remember. I just got the Undertaker a couple days before the SES together with all the other Virus demo boards... Man, when I first looked at this thing I was speechless :eek: I mean 192 (I am 170 :-) with a 14cm waist looks pretty stunning. Even my wife got jealous (and she usually doesn't) when I didn't stop raving about the small waist… must have sounded kinda like talking about a supermodel… :p

Speaking of my wife, she will be on a custom built Nightmare 165/15,1 (in flat orange) this season, probably kikkkinn my aarrrrsss, as always...

But back to the board, I am not sure if I have that exact one or another one, but still riding the Undertaker as one of my favorite boards there is (Cyborg my numero uno).

Cheers!