Note to New Members ×

too much overhang in this soft boot setup?

Guest AllMountain

Guest AllMountain
That tankers pretty small isn't it?? Why not get the narrow 192?

big feet and want to ride soft boots at low angles.

But since you're posting all the pics and I lust after tankers, could you please post a shot of the base ( red flames maybe) from the front to back showing the sidecut?

here's the photo from exoticboards.com, as well as a couple of mine. it's a gorgeous board, and my photos don't do it justice. the top sheet is a textured, pearlescent, white fabric, embedded in a clear, glossy finish.

tanker-0708.jpg

Tanker0708-base.jpg

Tanker0708-base-closeup.jpg

Tanker0708-topsheet-closeup.jpg

a beautiful board :) congrats :) hope that my (hopefully future-to-be) donek will b just as good lookin :) but that's just wishful thinkin cuz unfortunately donek has a poor choice of graphic and the custom graphs cost. but whatta heck - it's not the look that is most important :)

have u tried it out yet? how's the pop in the tail?

AllMountain,

I don't think there is enough board width. I think that if you are driving your turns hard in any type of soft pack snow, you are definately going to get toe and heel drag. I exclusively ride soft decks on soft boots and bindings. I have a Ride Timeless with size 9 1/2 boots. My angles are both at 45 dgrees and I still get toe and heel drag every now and again. I also have a K2 Fatbob that is about 2 cm wider than the Timeless and I have never had any toe or heel drag. Again both my binding angles are at 45 degrees. The only true way you can tell is ride the board.

Good Luck