Note to New Members ×

Wheelabrator for 4 wheel carving

Gecko

yeah I have custom Dalmatian print Super Single's I have slammed HARD in pools and ramps and walked away. Good kneepads are a must for me....FYI knowing how to fall with kneepads is a requirement but once you learn to fall this way you can't ever skate without pads.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

damn it I hate falling....I'm gonna have one hell of a bruise on my right hip (babboon looking probably)...the day was great. I love my new board....it truly is awesome, Andrew does amazing work. I got to do a couple of runs with Willy and Gleb but my hip was giving me too many problems to continue to skate. Actually skating wasn't a problem, pushing and walking was. My tuck got better after I beat up my body....I made it to 36mph on my own with no drafting...

thats the pic I was waiting for!!!

Awesome day today. Hope your hip is feeling better soon. Nice meeting you. Too bad me and willy got there on the late side. We did a bunch of bike path runs and I tried the landyachtz dh board one of the guys had, and that thing kicked ass!!!!!!

I'll definitley be picking one up soon. The dervish is pretty sweet on the bike path which gets going pretty fast, and can turn ugly even faster. Can't wait for next time when I grow some balls and do a full out tuck! I'll bring my inline skates and we can have people drafting behind me, since 45 mph is nothing on them compared to a board...but its not nearly as exciting.

Like always, I bet you're right. The DH didn't really enjoy turning too much, so I'll give the evo a shot next time I'm there. I want to see someone bomb on my dervish, since I don't have those type of balls, yet.

The weight of the DH is crazy, like 17 pounds. That will wear anyone out carrying it up a hill.

The evo is popular, and generally better liked for everything except pointing straight down hills.

That said, I much prefer the direct response of a dropthrough to a drop deck.

Drop decks have a tendancy to respond with a little delay, that is, you initiate the turn and have to wait a short period until the turn really sets in, which causes me (note that i'm not that used to riding them) to occasionally turn harder than I intended to.

However, if you enjoy the feel of them, consider something with something less in the way of wedge compared with the evo.. it can make truck choices tricky, depending on what you're looking for.

(CLB with crails is a nice pairing)

Eleanor is nice, but like Andrew I really prefer a drop through or just a top mount, it's a better feel.

Me too, tony.

Some people like them though. My post says how I find them less enjoyable to ride.

Just the same, the eleanor has somewhat less awkward angles to work with when compared with the evo.

more than the drop the concave, stiffness and to some extent weight make a difference. I was skating my HC which though not as soft as your Dervish left me at the limits of ability in the low 30s (and quite frankly a bit scared). I know I haven't come close to finding the limits of my Wedgecat but considering how stable it is I figure I'm good into the 40's at least before I again feel on edge. Something else to think about...the fastest two guys there on Sunday were on a drop through Candy Spanks (Alex/Rabid Skunk) and top mount Rayne Avenger (Brian/Sofa King), both good boards under the feet of really good skaters.

• 3 weeks later...

Broadway Bomb looks like a good time. Almost went, wanted to Sport the Red Sox jacket and slalom cabs. Tweaked my leg skating friday, rained out saturday and wanted to see the Sox game sunday night on my couch.

GOOD PICS THO

http://www.kodakgallery.com/Slideshow.jsp?Uc=1613zckz.7uefw8j3&Uy=ytvvj5

11/11 wheelabrator should be good

post-123-141842238914_thumb.jpg

post-123-141842238916_thumb.jpg

post-123-141842238918_thumb.jpg

it's not that steep....a draft train full of speed junkies has hit the high 30's,

Solo tucking I've hit mid 30's, carving mid to high 20's. The bike path could be considered more dangerous...the potential for speed is almost the same and it's narrower....still loads of fun and can be done safely by nearly anyone regardless of your skill level. I consider Wheelabrator to be on par with that local skihill that has a few good trails for riding, which is loads of fun as long as it's not crowded....well Wheelabrator isn't really crowded with 30-40, it just needs a chairlift

nothing wrong with an EVO much better than the DH....I'd go with a Hellcat over a Demonseed it drives better and is easier to learn on. Same with the EVO vs DH...Avengers a Revengers are another choice, top mounts are easier to ride and a truck choice like Crails make them stable alternative. My next board is gonna be an Avenger type board with Crails and 77mm Hawgs

but there's no pictures of you!

Andrew's nursing some injuries....so he spent a lot of time shooting photos and a few runs on the bike path...he did shoot a photo of me which I'm way stoked about

n14310970_32875890_4371.jpg

doh !

I was on my way to the 'brator and got shut down by the wife at 8 am :mad:

looks like the best session yet !

we skated a pretty cool parking garage and some big hills last night but so bummed I missed yesterday :confused: great fall day fer skatin' :biggthump

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qoV7uKhr4sM&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qoV7uKhr4sM&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

Uber ballzee ~

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3lxeo5eBgak&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3lxeo5eBgak&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>