Note to New Members ×

Season Pass 2007/2008

Hugh

I decided against the full season pass and bought the midweek M-F at Kirkwood for $199 :biggthump Carving on weekends isn't my idea of fun :argue:

My new job promotion awards me TWO extra weeks of vacation spotted up front on Jan 1st (a carver's dream) + 4 weeks of vacation = a fun carving season :AR15firin

Anyone else throwing down for a season pass?

--Hugh

I got a family pass for one of our local hills - grouse mountain at the end of the season last year - unlimited access for 545.00 for our whole family.

Of course, with the upgrades on our other local carving hill , Cypresss Mountain, I'll be shelling out for one there too.

That means that I have to top my last season's total of 75 plus days of rinding - on two passes it won't be that hard, if nature cooperates...

Enough of Summer, my boards are scraped and ready to rumble.

I'm coughing up the dough for the DELUXE $250 (pre-season price) unlimited season pass to the pride of the midwest... Sundown Mtn in scenic Dubuque, Iowa. Whooo Hooo!!! 450 ft Vert!

On the bright side... this pass is honored at Silver Mtn (Kellogg, Idaho). Last year just for the heck of it I got a frequent flier ticket to Spokane, shuttled to Kellogg, stayed in an inexpensive mom & pop motel and walked to/from the gondola every day for a week. Inexpensive adventure for the easily amused.

And I'm thinking of doing it again! Hey,Steve Prokopiw you getting this? Do you think the guys on the hill will be able to keep the lifts running this season? It sucked to have the best of the mountain unavailable.

We've got a fill-a-quad deal for our passes. You can get 4 passes at a time for 130 bucks a piece or whatever. Unfortunately we're mostly stuck going on the weekends also. Work is about an hour and a half away from the hill and we don't get out until 5:30.

Pebu, that quad deal sounds pretty good. I wish we had a deal like that around here.

Hey Hugh, right-on on the promotion. I just got a raise, but no promotion. I bought the same KW weekday pass as you and Jim, but if you guys decide to do Rose or something else too, I might be in. I can't do too many weekends but I'll take some weekdays off. That's what you do when you're core like us :biggthump

... passes are a little more expensive than last year. Not like it's going to stop me from procuring them for me and the family. It's over twice as much as Meadows, but I can take solace in the fact that Bacehlor still opens at 8 on weekends and even when its' crowded as hell one cal always hide out on Rainbow or NW.

Hey BJvircks. I'm looking at teaching at Lookout Mtn Resort about 18 mi from us and about 25 mi from where you stayed last year.They are taking better care of their mtn than Silver and are not owned by a parent company that lies to condo buyers about planned improvements to the mountain that they have no intention of following through with while they sell real estate in town and on a golf course built on a mountain of mining tailings.

Lookout is owned/run by a guy who is not that well liked but at least he and his partners are walking their talk with improvements by putting in another lift and more terrain.Great back country there as well.Also the cheap motel I emailed you about is just 7 miles from the resort.Fridays are 16.00 lift tickets for those over 40 years old. I have actually not been to ride there yet but am making the switch this season based on largely positive feedback and much higher lesson volume and having ridden my bike up there this summer to scope out the great looking(short but longer than in Iowa) carving runs.. SEE YA THIS WINTER!

Going for a Mt Hood Meadows 4x4 ( 4 people $400 each) and maybe a Timberline midweek for $199 (great early and late riding)

Jim

Same, pair it down to just two season's passes.

Bachelor is now priced such that it is hard to make it pay.

Pick up the five time or express pass perhaps. The GI Joes Bachelor packs were a very good deal. Love to get someones pass from the Chevy truck sale they did the last couple years.

Jim, you interested in the 4x4 group this year? Makes it handy when everyone knows the drill. The Foleys are good to go.

Bryan

Same, pair it down to just two season's passes.

Bachelor is now priced such that it is hard to make it pay.

Pick up the five time or express pass perhaps. The GI Joes Bachelor packs were a very good deal. Love to get someones pass from the Chevy truck sale they did the last couple years.

Jim, you interested in the 4x4 group this year? Makes it handy when everyone knows the drill. The Foleys are good to go.

Bryan

Ready Bryan, I have more people at work that are interested too.

Jim