Note to New Members ×

Nitro Powdergun experiences?

Dan

AH yes. the 181 Nitro SABER i bought off Big Canuck last year. great DIRECTIONAL board in the pow. takes a little more effort in the tight trees but wasn't too bad. however on the wide open spaces it rocks!!!!! I put it up against my 176 prior mfr and it has exactly the same specs scr. just a bit softer. it does not like being on groomers. period

the powder at powder king mountain was lacking last year as we only got a couple dumps of 1.5 feet.

ive picked up a 2010 prior 170 khyber that has the hybrid rocker on it. looking forward to seeing how it performs in comparison to the s/t. i may even try h/bs on it this year if i get enough time on the hill.

think snow!!!!!! ULLR is supposed to be happy with us up here and is promising big dumps and cold weather

Dc you're talking about Miura Snowboards, indeed the most amazing woodwork i've ever seen on the snow ( 60-70 hours work per board..)...and quite impressive boards to ride too ( Jean Nerva rode one for a few years..). The shaper has taken a break from snowboard production unfortunately, he is working for a big composite company in the basque country...i'll try to get a hold of him to see if he has any intention of coming back ( his boards were quite too cheap for the incredible woodwork: around 850 euros ( to be compared with the 2500 + euros of the godess...)..

Unfortunately he never made the 214cm Tekila who remains a prototype....

I've seen a few of the new batch of Swellpanik's and it gets as close as it can to Miura's wood work, but without the 3D shape on the deck...They remain my choice of kinds for performance and looks...The Phenix snowboards 191 carbons are also interesting ( ex Freesurf / boheme shaper Seb. Perret ) and very performance oriented.

As for swallowtails.org, I had to stop doing the site ( lack of time, involvement in Swoard, architecture business developping etc...) but I store all the images from the galleries etc...The site remains watchable in the wayback machine ( google it)..the domain name should be available unless some butterfly collector found it :)..

Nils

Found on an old Back up a short footage of a Rossi Undertaker 198 at work....

( ends badly ( could be worse)..)

Shot around 2002 - 2003

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fhw4XNQFzGc?fs=1&hl=fr_FR"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fhw4XNQFzGc?fs=1&hl=fr_FR" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Thnx bola, been using an ABS since 2003-04 season ( thank god never had to fire it..)..

Nowaydays, every pro freerider in that kind of condition uses them... Xavier Delerue was caught last year and got away because of his ABS.. of course it won't help if you get into a 100m jump inside the avy!

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t6EXW_e2ETU?fs=1&hl=fr_FR"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t6EXW_e2ETU?fs=1&hl=fr_FR" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>