Note to New Members ×

Website builders/go daddy

Chubz

Folks

In process of building my first website and learning as I go. Just wondering if the tools offered thru godaddy are basic level or if some funky stuff can be done with it. I see a number of funky functions in some sites and wonder if those are custom built functions/visuals by a web wonder geek or if they are function available to the general public.

Thanks

Greg

I do web programming at work. since i do more work related programs I really dont do much of the fun stuff. with that said our web dev. usually finds what he likes off another web site and then views the code for it(usually javascript). under IE its view...source. I really dont know what godaddy uses as it end user tool but MS offers free tools to devloped your own sites but godaddy has to offer .net support. plus yahoo and google offer free javascript libraries as well. its a lot to digest but once you get into it, it is really not that hard.

I know they have some javascript stuff, but I have no idea how to even work with it, I guess practice practice practice and calling their help line.

As far as wizardry, just some of the funkky stuuf you see out there compared to the basic websites. I hate to reference it, but www.burton.com as an example. Background graphics, functioning selections, i.e. select gear page or team page. Things scrolling iin fromt he sides.

Stuff like that.

Maynard Keenan of Tool has a cool website for his winery.

http://www.caduceus.org/

Let the first page load and then flip the pages

Greg