Note to New Members ×

Paving Crew Spotted on a nice hill in Boston Suburbs. . .

~tb

Paving Crew Spotted on a nice hill in Boston Suburbs. . .

Google Map

Give it a week or so to be all done. . . nice pitch, "dead end street" that isnt busy on the weekends. Road wraps around the hill once and you can climb back up a path on the front side.

~tb

~tb,

Curious if JG got it together for the slalom on the 4th on Storrow Drive , while it was closed.

Was busy kitesurfing on the 4th and tying up the boat at Baxter's afterward with the crew for some seafood platters and beers. :biggthump

post-123-141842233378_thumb.jpg

that place looks like it needs an Outlaw Bomb Session...and yet it also looks like it could be fun on a Dancer (well except for hauling a 60" up that hill). Someone close by please set up a session there sometime in August

I'll track down the boys from Needham and see what Gilmour is up to.

Anyone have cones & chalk ?

Sounds like a blast. See if we can get someone's girlfriend to drive a shuttle back up the hill.minivan ? pick up ?

I love fresh asphalt. :biggthump

Gleb and I can supply a mini grill and a jumbo cooler.

Session ! :cool:

"Racing down the Hill"

~tb,

Curious if JG got it together for the slalom on the 4th on Storrow Drive , while it was closed.

Was busy kitesurfing on the 4th and tying up the boat at Baxter's afterward with the crew for some seafood platters and beers. :biggthump

Didn't happen this year - I emailed JG but never heard anything back. :(

that place looks like it needs an Outlaw Bomb Session...and yet it also looks like it could be fun on a Dancer (well except for hauling a 60" up that hill). Someone close by please set up a session there sometime in August

Weekend of August 3-4 I could come down. I have 40 cones plus start-finish markers and chalk, but no timing system. Looks like that hill begs for a GS - maybe could run the timer line from the finish to the start without snaking it all the way down the hill too?? Just a training GS day would be fun too. Is it clear of car traffic on the weekends?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Just got back from a long trip in mexico. . . paving is all done. looks nice and smooth, but I have yet to run it. I would want a GS or long board for it and all I have left is my slalom deck. Hard to tell how grippy it would be or it it is too slick. I know its pleanty grippy for my motorcycle.

maybe ill drive the car by there tomorrow so I can take the skateboard and check it out and post back. Looks like it has been done for almost 2 weeks now and might be starting to loose the oil.

we'll have a Carveboard to bring to the next session :biggthump

so sayeth the Fozz

"This is gonna be the best training summer for me yet !

I know what Im doing in the off season...

when the snow sucks, Carveboard!"

- Mark Fawcett / Pro Snowboarder

post-123-141842233889_thumb.jpg

post-123-14184223389_thumb.jpg

I'm still actually waiting for my Dervish. Not bomber's fault, Loaded hasn't shipped out the boards yet.

Willy, sorry I didn't get to meet up with you on the cape. I didn't end up having the time, and I think I wrote your number down wrong.

gonna go check it out today-tr to follow

ok, belated TR.....

The hill is decent, not quite steep enough but still fun. Flat on top, we did some tow ins with the truck to get up to 20 mph and let go. Very little traffic on a saturday but security told us to leave after about 3 hours of skating. The carveboard did not like this hill, it needs way more pitch.

My 60" pintail was fun. I'll try to post some pics soon.

Taking turns driving back up, cranking tunes and AC is the way to go.

It might be more fun with a shorter slalom deck and maybe some harder durometer wheels.

Willy, I got your email about the hill on ferncroft rd next to my house. I totally forgot about it and is a kick ass hill.

I have limited internet access right now since we're moving in a week or so and we didn't bother paying comcast.

also, once september starts, I'll be able to go where ever pretty often too.