Note to New Members ×

I might be going East this fall

AndyYT316

Hey guys! I might be moving back east for a while this fall. I just passed the first of 2 FBI tests, and if I pass the 2nd I'll be going out to Quantico, VA for 4 months of training. I'm thinking about taking a few boards with me if I go, and maybe do some USASA racing too. Anyone know of any good mtns I should check out if I go?

Well, if you want ice then hit Ski Liberty resort in the evening after it has softened up and then refrozen...

Ski Roundtop is about 145 miles from Quantico and usually has the best conditions in the area. Ski Whitetail is about 120 miles and is my usual hangout. Snowshow is 278 miles away, big, crowded, and expensive...

Disclaimer: Mileage via MapQuest, so your mileage may, well, vary...

Thanks Mark! Maybe I'll be seeing you at Whitetail sometimes. I'll stay away from Snowshoe, sounds like an east coast version Park City to me. How's Wisp? Maybe I'll stay close and cheap so I can fly home to Utah and have fun there on the longer weekends and holidays.

Hey Cail. I actually applied for the job back around January, and the sent me a letter wanting me to test with them a few weeks ago. I applied as a Special Agent and it sounds like they want me mainly because of my Navy background as a linguist and my International Cultural Studies major from college. The beginning is kind of a hurry up and wait process, but once it gets started it looks like it'll go quick! The eyesight requirements sound pretty flexible, but you can check out the FBI eyesight and physical requirements here. I hope that helps you!

Well, if you want ice then hit Ski Liberty ...Ski Roundtop is about 145 miles...Ski Whitetail is about 120 miles ...

As of April, I am offlicially no longer a company employee (and most likely never will be again, but you never know) I can say that I am not a big fan of Ski Liberty. I have yet to really enjoy the conditions there. I am sure that they have good conditions, I have just not really ever caught them. I would say that it is worth the extra mileage to hit up Roundtop. Roundtop almost always has decent conditions during the day. Evenings are hit or miss anywhere in the Mid Atlantic. I will miss Roundtop. I have put in over 1,000 days there! If and when I go back that direction, Roundtop WILL be the place that I revisit.

As far as Utah, I have been there many times and every time I return, I am ready to get back to the fast and slick. :biggthump

Powder is fun, but I can only take so much of it.